NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
GSZX1337
Next-Gen

The Closest We'll Get To a Wii-U F-Zero

by GSZX1337 Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 pm

While browsing the interwebz I came across an article about Fast Racing Neo, a futuristic racer by Shin'en Multimedia whom you might recognize because of their NanoStray/Assault games. :)

Slated for a release later this year, Fast Racing Neo doesn't have a lot of media to go on (just some screenshots and a teaser trailer), but what there is looks pretty good and F-Zero like. Figured I'd share this since I know there's a few F-Zero fans here. Also, this is giving me another little push into getting the Wii-U.
casterofdreams wrote:On PC I want MOAR FPS!!!|
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Re: The Closest We'll Get To a Wii-U F-Zero

by jmbarnes101 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:13 am

GSZX1337 wrote:While browsing the interwebz I came across an article about Fast Racing Neo, a futuristic racer by Shin'en Multimedia whom you might recognize because of their NanoStray/Assault games. :)

Slated for a release later this year, Fast Racing Neo doesn't have a lot of media to go on (just some screenshots and a teaser trailer), but what there is looks pretty good and F-Zero like. Figured I'd share this since I know there's a few F-Zero fans here. Also, this is giving me another little push into getting the Wii-U.

I saw the E3 trailer last night. It looked like a mix of F-Zero and Star Wars Pod Racing.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Silver, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:41 am

The original on the Wii was like the step between Fzero and Wipeout. So if they can keep that up, it will be a fun title.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:57 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:The original on the Wii was like the step between Fzero and Wipeout. So if they can keep that up, it will be a fun title.

E3 is the first I'm hearing about this game. I didn't even know there was one on the Wii. I'll have to check it out. What's it called?

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

by Cronozilla Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Thank you for pointing this out! Looks great.
Ghegs
64-bit

by Ghegs Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:23 am

Ziggy587 wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:The original on the Wii was like the step between Fzero and Wipeout. So if they can keep that up, it will be a fun title.

E3 is the first I'm hearing about this game. I didn't even know there was one on the Wii. I'll have to check it out. What's it called?

FAST Racing League, it's a WiiWare title. It's pretty fun, but it has an Ikaruga-esque polarity mechanic that I'm not sure is a good fit for a racing game.
My videos

Rolling Start!! - Arcade Racing Game Forum
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:17 am

I don't recall the maker, but since it took quite awhile for F-Zero to show on the GC, there was that game Tube Slider that people kept calling the F-Zero we never got until it appeared. It was by ND Cube though not Shinen, same basic ideas though.
Return to Nintendo