NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
thetallguy24

Super Bomberman 1 or 2? (SNES)

by thetallguy24 Fri May 01, 2015 11:38 am

Never played either. Heard good things about both, but really only have the budget for one right now.

Which should I go with?

FYI: This is mainly going to be used for multi-player games with friends,
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Super Bomberman 1 or 2? (SNES)

by fastbilly1 Fri May 01, 2015 11:46 am

I think the only difference to multiplayer is that 2 adds g-bomber.

SB3 and 5 are the best, but if you only have a choice between 1 and 2, go 2.
thetallguy24

by thetallguy24 Fri May 01, 2015 11:52 am

fastbilly1 wrote:I think the only difference to multiplayer is that 2 adds g-bomber.

SB3 and 5 are the best, but if you only have a choice between 1 and 2, go 2.

Why do you prefer 3 and 5? Aren't 3 and 5 only for Super Famicom?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri May 01, 2015 11:59 am

3 and 5 have rooeys (the kangaroo looking things), and more options for maps and powerups.

They are SFC games, but that is really a none issue nowadays. Thanks to the internet, purchasing SFC games is easy, and playing them on a US console is simply popping tabs or using a converter (like a game genie with popped tabs).
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri May 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Also, aren't the first two 4-player while 3, 4 and 5 are 5-player?

edit: FWIW, Super Bomberman 4 has an English translation patch, so you can play that on either a flash cart or a Retron 5 with the real cart (does the Retron 5 allow you to use the multitap though?).

Super Bomberman 3 was also released in Europe, in addition to Japan. I don't know the details of that release though (like if there's an English option, or if it was fixed for 50Hz).

The SFC carts are perfectly playable though, I just thought I'd give you the full story so you can decide for yourself. The SFC version of SB3 is probably easier/cheaper to get a hold of than the PAL version anyway.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
DonSilvestre
32-bit

by DonSilvestre Tue May 05, 2015 1:55 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Also, aren't the first two 4-player while 3, 4 and 5 are 5-player?

edit: FWIW, Super Bomberman 4 has an English translation patch, so you can play that on either a flash cart or a Retron 5 with the real cart (does the Retron 5 allow you to use the multitap though?).

Super Bomberman 3 was also released in Europe, in addition to Japan. I don't know the details of that release though (like if there's an English option, or if it was fixed for 50Hz).

The SFC carts are perfectly playable though, I just thought I'd give you the full story so you can decide for yourself. The SFC version of SB3 is probably easier/cheaper to get a hold of than the PAL version anyway.

Retron DOES allow you to use a multitap FYI. Have to do a bit of putzing in the controller settings to make it all work right, but it does work.
"Let's attack aggressively." - Sully | The Don's Mancave
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

by SNESdrunk Wed May 06, 2015 12:11 pm

If I'm not mistaken, it's a quantum leap from SB 2 to SB 3 isn't it? Wayyy way more items, playable characters, maps, those kangaroo things, everything.
Return to Nintendo