NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6947
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:06 pm

Re: New member - Hello!

by Tanooki Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 am

pig_in_a_blanket wrote:Thanks everyone! I actually got started because I got a pile or Famicom games given to me, and it just started my sentimental sensors going (I didnt have a famicom ever, they just triggered my researching, etc...)

Im kind of shocked at the NES prices - I thought a copy of Mario 3 or Tyson's punch out would be 5$ - Since I imagine Hundreds of thousands were produced - But I plan to play the long patient game, and the trade game for a while - Fortunately some of the games I liked like RYGAR are still pretty cheap it seems!


Well that's what happened over the last recent few years, they used to be $5 games up until maybe 4~ years ago when scalpers got into playing chicken with each other on prices. Stick with the famicom stuff and you'll find the prices still being in line with non-insanity in many cases. Why buy Bonk on NES for $350 when you can spend like $10-20 on the famicom version? ...and so on. A few aren't all that cheap though, like the $1000 Little Samson is still like $100 on Famicom, but clearly that's a far less nasty bite.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: New member - Hello!

by Exhuminator Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:55 am

Always cool to see a new member be active. However there is a thread for this sort of thing:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=210

You probably missed it though because this forum is way too fractured for its own good.

Have fun and play games.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mjmjr25
 

Re: New member - Hello!

by mjmjr25 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:19 am

Exhuminator wrote:Always cool to see a new member be active. However there is a thread for this sort of thing:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=210

You probably missed it though because this forum is way too fractured for its own good.

Oh stop it. That thread is not hard to find and for every member who thinks there are too many sub-forums there is another member (or more) who make requests for new sub-forums.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: New member - Hello!

by Exhuminator Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:28 am

mjmjr25 wrote:Oh stop it.

No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me.

I could point out how NeoGAF is the biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. /v/ is the second biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. But that's just crazy talk so I'll stop yeah.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mjmjr25
 

Re: New member - Hello!

by mjmjr25 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:38 am

We are not NeoGAF and don't strive to be.
User avatar
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6502
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: New member - Hello!

by Jmustang1968 Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:39 am

Exhuminator wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Oh stop it.

No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me.

I could point out how NeoGAF is the biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. /v/ is the second biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. But that's just crazy talk so I'll stop yeah.


Oh come on dont be childish.

Just use view active topics like most of us do.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: New member - Hello!

by Exhuminator Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:43 am

Jmustang1968 wrote:Just use view active topics like most of us do.

The fact that you have to do that is indicative of a root structuring problem.

But I'll cease my childish logic.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: New member - Hello!

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:46 am

Let's not fight in front of the new people!

....I sound like one of those weird atomic family housewives when things run amock.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6502
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:51 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: New member - Hello!

by Jmustang1968 Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Exhuminator wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Just use view active topics like most of us do.

The fact that you have to do that is indicative of a root structuring problem.

But I'll cease my childish logic.


This was what was childish: "No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me."

And it isnt indicative of anything. Most forums have a latest discussions feature.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: New member - Hello!

by Exhuminator Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:10 pm

Jmustang1968 wrote:"No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me."

That was supposed to be a joke. This is what happens when you forget the blue text people.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests