New member - Hello!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: New member - Hello!

Post by Tanooki »

pig_in_a_blanket wrote:Thanks everyone! I actually got started because I got a pile or Famicom games given to me, and it just started my sentimental sensors going (I didnt have a famicom ever, they just triggered my researching, etc...)

Im kind of shocked at the NES prices - I thought a copy of Mario 3 or Tyson's punch out would be 5$ - Since I imagine Hundreds of thousands were produced - But I plan to play the long patient game, and the trade game for a while - Fortunately some of the games I liked like RYGAR are still pretty cheap it seems!

Well that's what happened over the last recent few years, they used to be $5 games up until maybe 4~ years ago when scalpers got into playing chicken with each other on prices. Stick with the famicom stuff and you'll find the prices still being in line with non-insanity in many cases. Why buy Bonk on NES for $350 when you can spend like $10-20 on the famicom version? ...and so on. A few aren't all that cheap though, like the $1000 Little Samson is still like $100 on Famicom, but clearly that's a far less nasty bite.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Always cool to see a new member be active. However there is a thread for this sort of thing:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=210

You probably missed it though because this forum is way too fractured for its own good.

Have fun and play games.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Exhuminator wrote:Always cool to see a new member be active. However there is a thread for this sort of thing:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=210

You probably missed it though because this forum is way too fractured for its own good.

Oh stop it. That thread is not hard to find and for every member who thinks there are too many sub-forums there is another member (or more) who make requests for new sub-forums.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

mjmjr25 wrote:Oh stop it.

No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me.

I could point out how NeoGAF is the biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. /v/ is the second biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. But that's just crazy talk so I'll stop yeah.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

We are not NeoGAF and don't strive to be.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Exhuminator wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:Oh stop it.

No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me.

I could point out how NeoGAF is the biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. /v/ is the second biggest gaming forum on the internet and they manage to do that with ONE gaming board. But that's just crazy talk so I'll stop yeah.

Oh come on dont be childish.

Just use view active topics like most of us do.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Jmustang1968 wrote:Just use view active topics like most of us do.

The fact that you have to do that is indicative of a root structuring problem.

But I'll cease my childish logic.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Let's not fight in front of the new people!

....I sound like one of those weird atomic family housewives when things run amock.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Exhuminator wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Just use view active topics like most of us do.

The fact that you have to do that is indicative of a root structuring problem.

But I'll cease my childish logic.

This was what was childish: "No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me."

And it isnt indicative of anything. Most forums have a latest discussions feature.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Jmustang1968 wrote:"No I won't stop it. Because I disagree with you and you're not the boss of me."

That was supposed to be a joke. This is what happens when you forget the blue text people.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.