NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
irixith
Next-Gen

Re: New Nintendo Direct on April 1st, 2015

by irixith Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:00 pm

There was a trailer for Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, and a Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition Demo will be up on April 30 in the eShop.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm just waiting for a photoshop of Iwata over Forest Gump's body with the quote, "Tap Amiibo is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get."
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Damm64
Next-Gen

by Damm64 Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:03 pm

For those who missed (like me) here's the link on the youtube channel (that was fast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMedqo8mLaQ

I already saw the amibo yoshi... i want a pool full of those things.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:05 pm

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I'm just waiting for a photoshop of Iwata over Forest Gump's body with the quote, "Tap Amiibo is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get."

Yes, this will happen.

Yes, this is a stupid waste of development resources. (Tab Amiibo, not the meme.) :(
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Too much Amiibo....
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:19 pm

Best news for me was the second DLC pack for Mario Kart 8 comes out April 23rd, which is slightly early.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Pretty happy with what was shown personally, even if it was mostly expected, Happy to have Yarn Yoshi and Splatoon dates as well as Smash and Mario Kart DLC dates. 200CC mode is a nice bonus. Excited about Lucas and the potential for even more Smash characters over time too.

Mario Maker in September is a lot later than I expected, but nice to have a date. Happy to see more details on Fire Emblem aswell, and the 2016 date doesn't surprise me at all. Seeing SMTxFE still exists is nice too.

There was an awful lot of Amiibo news, but I'm a sucker for them, so I didn't mind. I'm a little sad they keep releasing new amiibos for one game though - they need to make the current ones have more functionality as is. I will be buying the Splatoon and Yarn Yoshi amiibos alongside their games though I imagine, because I'm the Nintendo marketing departments ideal customer - I just lap it all up.

Nice to see more systems on VC too, even if the ones they've shown aren't likely to be ones I'm concerned with.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm probably going to get BOXBOY!, looks like a lot of fun.
SonicGamer74
24-bit

by SonicGamer74 Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:36 pm

From what I've read about so far;

-Tap Amiibo is a good idea; just utilized very poorly. How hard is it to get the full game in the figure? Like, a bonus for buying it or w/e? Demos are nice, but we literally have Super Smash Bros. Wii U for that. It honestly sounds like NES Remix, but with demos instead.

-MewTwo and Lucas DLC is really awesome. April 15th can't come any sooner. I liked Lucas in Brawl, so I'm definitely getting him, when he drops.

-Yoshi's Wooly World sounds great. Those yarn amiibo they have for the game, though, are so awesome looking.

-Fatal Frame Wii U is boss. I've never played the other games in the series, but I told myself I'd definitely give the Wii U version a shot, if it ever got localized. My dream come true. :)

-Attack on Titan 3DS. Yes. I'm good with this one. Been waiting for it to get localized for a few months now. Makes me happy to know I can have it now. :D

-The amiibo stuff was neat. I'd get the NFC adapter, since I have a few Smash amiibo in my house. The new waves I might get, but I really only get Smash amiibo if they're defects (cuz that's always great), or if it's for a character I like playing as. Splatoon amiibo look cool, except for the fact that they're keeping the Inkling one as a 3-pack exclusive. :/

-N64 and DS games on Wii U eShop......I'm really happy for N64, and I'll definitely get the Super Mario 64 game (especially since that's one of my favorite games of all time), but....Why not add DS games on the 3DS eShop? I mean, it's cool to play them on the big screen, but still.

-Mario Maker doesn't interest me at all, tbh, but that's probably because I don't want to pay a lot of money, for a map creator.

-Fire Emblem stuff is neat. I've never played the series, though, so I have no comment on it. Will probably get the SMT x FE crossover someday, though, if it gets good reviews.

-The Smash Bros. request-a-character thing is cool. I'm definitely doing that.

Overall, it seems like it was a nice direct, but I wouldn't know, since I'm just going by what I read. :lol:
This user really likes SEGA Saturn. Avoid at all costs.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:44 pm

Pretty nice Nintendo Direct... not nice for my future wallet though :lol:

- Yoshi's Wooly World still looks really awesome. Plus those wooly Yoshi amiibos look way too cute ugh. It's nearly impossible to buy amiibos here ><;

- I thought the SMT x Fire Emblem looked amazing, but I thought it was an original title before they said what it was haha. I thought it would be a more grim story or something I guess and not as flashy. Seemed more like Persona x Fire Emblem, but I guess Persona is part of SMT so w/e. The Japanese title is pretty weird though... Apparently translates to “Illusory Revelations#FE".

- Super excited about Fatal Frame! :D I thought they wouldn't localize that since they didn't with the Wii game.

- I'm a little curious about the Fire Emblem game (called Fire Emblem If in Japan), mostly because it's going to have 2 versions in Japan (like how Pokemon is released with 2 versions a the same time). Not sure I like that but I'm not sure exactly what they're separating either... They might put them together in a NA release though so I won't worry about it for now. (I got that from the Siliconera post: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/new-fire-emblem-3ds-will-offer-two-completely-different-story-paths/)

- A Popolocrois game (called Popolocrois: Farm Story I think) has a release date in Japan for June and I reaaaally hope it comes over here too. Probably won't be until next year if at all though. But still... super hype.

- Little disappointed that the Attack on Titan game is download only, but oh well :/
Return to Nintendo