NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
dogman91
128-bit

Re: New Nintendo Direct on April 1st, 2015

by dogman91 Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:46 pm

I'm kind of irked that major gameplay elements like having a second Yoshi in the Woolly Yoshi game requires an Amiibo. :? So basically if you want the whole game, you have to get the Amiibo to go along with it as well; can't just pay for a digital DLC patch or something.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:15 pm

summary: shitty shit from shitty shits
Flake

by Flake Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:28 pm

I am excited. I just wish that Metroid, Star Fox, or F-Zero had gotten attention.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:38 pm

dogman91 wrote:I'm kind of irked that major gameplay elements like having a second Yoshi in the Woolly Yoshi game requires an Amiibo. :? So basically if you want the whole game, you have to get the Amiibo to go along with it as well; can't just pay for a digital DLC patch or something.

Same for Splatoon...they're even selling an Amiibo three pack alongside it. They've found the ultimate way to pull in more money for a game. Full price for game, full price for Amiibo pack is what, $100?

Yeah, right.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:31 am

irixith wrote:
dogman91 wrote:I'm kind of irked that major gameplay elements like having a second Yoshi in the Woolly Yoshi game requires an Amiibo. :? So basically if you want the whole game, you have to get the Amiibo to go along with it as well; can't just pay for a digital DLC patch or something.

Same for Splatoon...they're even selling an Amiibo three pack alongside it. They've found the ultimate way to pull in more money for a game. Full price for game, full price for Amiibo pack is what, $100?

Yeah, right.

Isnt Splatoons just playing the maps over with different weapon sets?
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:13 am

dsheinem wrote:summary: shitty shit from shitty shits

Hey father winter, smile sometime. It's 70 degrees here in Michigan, you jealous? Also, there's some decent stuff in there! :P

Smash Related: I voted for Ryo Hazuki to be added to Smash Brothers. THE DREAM WILL NEVER DIE!
SonicGamer74
24-bit

by SonicGamer74 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Not Nintendo Direct related, but it was just confirmed today that The Binding of Isaac is 100% coming to Wii U and New 3DS.

Only felt like mentioning it, because the creator of the game made an April Fools joke about it yesterday, and confirmed the game's release literally an hour or two ago.
This user really likes SEGA Saturn. Avoid at all costs.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 pm

Blu wrote:
dsheinem wrote:summary: shitty shit from shitty shits

Smash Related: I voted for Ryo Hazuki to be added to Smash Brothers. THE DREAM WILL NEVER DIE!

I approve of this message.

SonicGamer74 wrote:Not Nintendo Direct related, but it was just confirmed today that The Binding of Isaac is 100% coming to Wii U and New 3DS.

Only felt like mentioning it, because the creator of the game made an April Fools joke about it yesterday, and confirmed the game's release literally an hour or two ago.

On a somewhat related note, I think I may actually get Don't Starve on the Wii U. Having never played the series in the slightest, I think it may be a refreshing title to play and experience on the Wii U.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:46 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:
irixith wrote:

Yeah, right.

Isnt Splatoons just playing the maps over with different weapon sets?

They unlock missions and gear that you can only get by using the Amiibo, there is no other way to get them. Physical DLC keys, the dream is alive! In Canada Splatoon is priced at $69.99 currently, and the 3 pack of Amiibo at $35. That's $117.59 with tax. LOL
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 pm

Flake wrote:I am excited. I just wish that Metroid, Star Fox, or F-Zero had gotten attention.

Every time Nintendo announces something I hear this and every time they're ignored.
Return to Nintendo