NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Damm64
Next-Gen

Re: New Nintendo Direct on April 1st, 2015

by Damm64 Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:11 pm

laurenhiya21 wrote:
- I'm a little curious about the Fire Emblem game (called Fire Emblem If in Japan), mostly because it's going to have 2 versions in Japan (like how Pokemon is released with 2 versions a the same time). Not sure I like that but I'm not sure exactly what they're separating either... They might put them together in a NA release though so I won't worry about it for now. (I got that from the Siliconera post: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/01/new-fire-emblem-3ds-will-offer-two-completely-different-story-paths/)
:/

I know this is not the first time they done this (pokemon, zelda oracle of seasons/ages) but i don't know why it feels... like a cash in for some reason. I don't like it.
noiseredux wrote:I don't lend shit and I don't borrow shit.

SonicGamer74
24-bit

by SonicGamer74 Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:27 pm

laurenhiya21 wrote:- Little disappointed that the Attack on Titan game is download only, but oh well :/

It's download only? Wow. That's a shame. :/ I really wanted a physical release.

I'm still gonna buy it, though, because it looks really good.
This user really likes SEGA Saturn. Avoid at all costs.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:35 pm

Fatal Frame YES!

Is it weird I'm stoked for N64/DS games coming to the VC shop? haha. I hope we get all those DS Castlevania's now.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:58 pm

Xeogred wrote:Is it weird I'm stoked for N64/DS games coming to the VC shop? haha. I hope we get all those DS Castlevania's now.

I have to admit being able to have the big screen the TV and the lower screen the controller is really nice.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:59 pm

I think it was a pretty good Nintendo Direct! Lots of satisfying updates, for sure.

- Animal Crossing Amiibo I'm slightly skeptical about, but we'll see. Happy Home Designer means we won't see a new entry to the series on Wii U for some time it seems.
- Smash Brother's voting for character additions is great news. Who could they possibly add?
- Mario Maker still seems very novel and I like the idea of it.
- Lots of cool indie stuff on the eShop! Forma8, Don't Starve, Affordable Space Adventures, Never Alone (Looks really cool!), Ninja Pizza Girl, Antipole DX, Badland, Slain!, Swords & Soldiers II
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and an April 10th release is really quite awesome, and soon! I don't know that I'll be dropping a load of cash on a New 3DS, so we'll see what other titles come out for it.
- 200 CC? Gotta go fast!

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:03 pm

Blu wrote:- Smash Brother's voting for character additions is great news. Who could they possibly add?

http://kotaku.com/lets-try-to-get-goku- ... 1695148439
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Damm64 wrote:I know this is not the first time they done this (pokemon, zelda oracle of seasons/ages) but i don't know why it feels... like a cash in for some reason. I don't like it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I guess I don't mean curious and more... nervous I guess? At least with Pokemon, it's just a few Pokemon and areas that are different, but this sounds like the story is either chopped up between the two games, or they're stand-alone for both... but I'm not sure which it is (or if it's neither). But the American Direct didn't say anything about that, right? So I'm thinking is might be possible they won't do that for the NA release, but I'm not completely sure :/

SonicGamer74 wrote:It's download only? Wow. That's a shame. :/ I really wanted a physical release.

I'm still gonna buy it, though, because it looks really good.

Yeah, pretty lame :/ I'm actually kind of surprised it's digital only actually, since I thought Attack on Titan was pretty popular here. Although I guess we don't get a ton of anime/manga-based games (I can't think of many anyway), so they might just be being cautious? Either way, I'll probably get it anyway if the reviews for it aren't too bad ha.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:17 pm

I thought it was a pretty nice Direct, honestly. We got updates on the new Fire Emblem and its crossover, a Fatal Frame announcement (yay!), some nice DLC additions, some announced release dates, some nice looking indie games (that I'm going to have to look into a little bit more) and an amiibo of what may be the cutest version of Yoshi I've ever seen :lol:

I'm kinda bummed that Mario Maker got pushed back and I don't see much point in the Tap initiative (just give people more demos for stuff and be done with it, damn it), but other than that I was quite pleased.
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

by laurenhiya21 Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:23 pm

Oh I forgot about that Tap thingy. I saw it and forgot about it right away haha. (I think it's a little dumb tbh anyway...)

But speaking of other dumb/silly things I forgot about... What's the point of the VIP Street Pass thing? You register Miis to it and... something about birthdays? And it's $5? I really don't get the point of that from how they explained it :l
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:38 pm

After watching the Animal Crossing Race Track on the Nintendo Direct, who wants a Wii U Animal Crossing that is over the shoulder camera. Would look awesome!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Return to Nintendo