NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Actually going to try for complete licensed NES set

by Sarge Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:15 pm

I've also used Brasso on corroded contacts. I've heard folks suggest using erasers before resorting to chemical means, which I can certainly understand, but it worked like a charm for several carts that were otherwise "dead".
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:22 pm

You still working on this? How is the progress?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 pm

I am! It's slowed a bit because I was in the process of moving, but I literally just finished moving my crap in today. I've acquired (but not catalogued) maybe 30-40 games since my last update and am still looking for more (about all I'm actively searching for now with all the new house money spending)... So feel free to pm me! :D

Real update coming in a week or two when I actually unpack.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:05 am

Might help to have a current list of what you want, and I'm guessing cart only is ok?

I doubt I'd do it but I've got around 60 games left I may part with one or two still as I am kind of going to the point of just keeping what I had back in the day as a kid plus a few. Rather use the dough on Gameboy stuff or toys like Transformers G1 stuff I'm looking into now.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:26 pm

Tanooki wrote:Might help to have a current list of what you want, and I'm guessing cart only is ok?

I doubt I'd do it but I've got around 60 games left I may part with one or two still as I am kind of going to the point of just keeping what I had back in the day as a kid plus a few. Rather use the dough on Gameboy stuff or toys like Transformers G1 stuff I'm looking into now.

Cart only is preferable, actually. Or cart/instructions. I'm boxing these in Genesis-like cases produced by a guy on The Cover Project which are specifically designed for NES games, and figure I'll save the legit boxes for people who like legit boxes.

As to the want list... What I have already is in my sig (colored background is owned), and if I don't own it... I want it :) My finances are slightly tighter than normal right now, but I'm happy to wheel and deal for NES as long as I have two nickels to rub together.

As most people I've dealt with would tell you (I think)... I'm not gonna pay eBay prices (if I wanted that, I'd go to eBay), but I try to be pretty fair.

Edit: spreadsheet updated. I'm reasonably certain I'm 100% - will probably do a full audit when I start printing artwork in March or April, but good enough for now.
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:54 pm

Aren't you on NA? Could have sworn we did some kind of trade or deal years ago. Either way I'll look and see what lines up with what I have.

The more I talk with certain individuals and see I end up caring a bit less about holding onto stuff as things are. Maybe it's the rush of finding new stuff fun again, but I spot for other things now that aren't as predatory as it deflates the fun of the effort. :)

Off hand though I know I have some of the games, cheap and not cheap but the not cheap I've held onto the only one I keep waffling on is RC Pro Am 2 thinking maybe my little girl might enjoy it, and she likes the bunnies in Gun Nac. I was looking at ebay, how the hell did something as plain (and audio for many grating) as 1942 hit upwards of $20?! Had to basically give that one away until fairly recently.

I saw Clu Clu Land on your list over the weekend for $15 locally, seemed like breaking even with online so I left it. I've only once or twice seen that at retail for some years now.
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

by KalessinDB Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:26 pm

Excellent!

Funny you should mention RC Pro Am 2, I've actually got that one en route. I just don't mark games until they're physically in my hands. I also am working on Blues Brothers and Beetlejuice but haven't locked those down yet. So you're welcome to hang onto that one for your little one as far as I'm concerned :)

Clu clu land at $15 isn't great, but it's a good 15% below eBay so it's not bad.

And I think I have an account on NA, but I almost never log onto there. I'm mostly here and Neo-Geo.com with a smattering of others.
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:44 am

I looked over your sheet to see where you were at and you are doing fairly well. I need to audit my checklist also, just too lazy LOL.

By the way, 69 bucks for Mega Man one? When the hell did that happen LOL.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:28 pm

I noticed this too. BIN Mega Man cart auctions at $100!? Can't believe it.
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:24 pm

I used to say things got stupid, they crossed that into straight jacket nuts on various titles. Like I said, $20 on 1942?! What the hell? All I ever hear about it is bitching how it's too basic, too hard, and the BEEP BEEP BEEP "music" is grating and unlistenable completely. Then you have 1943 and it's a great game, more fleshed out, not grating, and well yeah.

Things like this is why I hold onto certain games I still have a shred of respect for and interest in using again at some point or I'd shed off even more titles down to around probably 45-50 from the 60 I'm at now (SNES too.) If stuff were like it was 4 years+ ago, I'd free up more space since if the tingle came back I could just pop $5-20 for something and get it again, but when they're $50, 100, 300+ no damn way. That's why I admire he's bothering with this still and he's nickel and diming the hell out of it not to pay the going rate or near it either if at all possible. A slow buyer is a happy buyer, a panicked fool and his money will soon be lost along with his stomach and interest in it from overly common burn out.
Return to Nintendo