Club Nintendo is Being Replaced

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: Club Nintendo is Being Replaced

Post by JoeAwesome »

Last day for Club Nintendo! If you have coins, use them, because they'll be no good after today.
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

Yup, got The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX just a few hours ago for my 3ds xl, no I am not getting a WiiU anytime, and I don't know why Nintendo is putting great GBA games for WiiU, it is not going to help to sell units.
Flake

Post by Flake »

skyknight wrote:Yup, got The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX just a few hours ago for my 3ds xl, no I am not getting a WiiU anytime, and I don't know why Nintendo is putting great GBA games for WiiU, it is not going to help to sell units.

To increase the money derived from people who have already purchased one.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

The issue with the great GBA games is that despite the compatible ARM hardware there, I know it still takes some simulation/partial emulation for calls/features lost from the old hardware to the newer in 3DS. That's a good reason they don't do more on the GBA as they certainly don't have enough honor to keep the ambassador reason for exclusivity because the NES games made the transition. The random scatter of GBA games that do exist are because they were cheap and easy to post stock without issues or creating a VC emulator which is why they don't have all those VC-perks you usually get.

Now if you want to make a dig at them, something like Earthbound Beginnings not on the 3DS is a travesty. Clearly they want to try and chump a few desperate earthbound fans into buying a WiiU. I'd have said so with Earthbound, but there is no SNES emulation on 3DS for whatever reason.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

The end of an era. I'll miss Club Nintendo though I won't miss the surveys or the increasing lack of quality prizes.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Love that image Nintendo went with, have to agree I'll miss it as a select few of the prizes were good stuff, but I won't miss all the junk and the long pointless surveys.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

To me, it looks like Mario is sad.

Does that image have more significance in Japan? Mario took his hat off and bowed his head to us...
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I think the bow and Mario's solemn tone can both be interpreted as a sign of respect, thanking Club Nintendo members for their loyalty and participation. I don't think there's any extra layer beyond that.

But seriously, there's way too much gravity in that image for club that amounted to "let us collect information about your gaming habits and we'll toss a little swag your way."
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

The bow has great significance in Japan. Seriously look up bowing technique and the honor given (or not) behind it. He (Mario) with that bow was showing some respect and saying goodbye too.