Best third party GameCube controller?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
sega dude
8-bit

Best third party GameCube controller?

Post by sega dude »

I would like to get into some of my Gamecube games, specifically Metroid Prime, but I don't have any good Gamecube controllers. All I have are horrible "iConcepts Game Fury" controllers I got at Family Dollar. I also have a gamestop brand wireless Gamecube controller, while it is better, is has problems of it's own. Unfortunately official Gamecube controllers are expensive, especially the Wavebird. As much as I'd like to have an official Nintendo brand GameCube controller, they are just too expensive. So, what is the best 3rd party controller that I could get for relatively cheap?
My Systems: Sega Master System Model 1,Sega Genesis Model 1, Sega Genesis Model 2, Sega CD Model 2, Sega Saturn Model 2, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Pico, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), DS Lite, DSi, 2DS, 3DS (x2), Wii (White), PS2 Slim, PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 Phat, Xbox One, NES, SNES
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

Post by fastbilly1 »

I have 16 or 18 of TTX controllers:
http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-Wired-Contr ... B003V9BGC8
In all sorts of colors. They are alittle off from originals, but are excellent for every game I have played with them for the last five years.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

The ones Fastbilly1 mentioned seem decent. There's also these, which may or may not be the same manufacturer I'm not sure.

Personally I think $29.96 is a fair price for a brand new official GameCube controller as such.

I wish I had a Wavebird though. Totally missed the boat on that one.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Exhuminator wrote:Personally I think $29.96 is a fair price for a brand new official GameCube controller as such.

Damn, those look nice. And $30 for a brand new first party controller ain't bad. Are we sure those are authentic and not knock-offs? I think I wanna get one of those for myself!

Exhuminator wrote:I wish I had a Wavebird though. Totally missed the boat on that one.

Ugh, tell me about it. I had a pair that I sold before the price went up. I'd be nice to have one again, but I comfort myself by remembering that they don't have force feedback.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ziggy587 wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:I wish I had a Wavebird though. Totally missed the boat on that one.

Ugh, tell me about it. I had a pair that I sold before the price went up. I'd be nice to have one again, but I comfort myself by remembering that they don't have force feedback.

But you need 8 for Smash WiiU
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

Ziggy587 wrote:Damn, those look nice. And $30 for a brand new first party controller ain't bad. Are we sure those are authentic and not knock-offs? I think I wanna get one of those for myself!

They're first party Japanese controllers. Only difference is a slightly shorter cord.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Ziggy587 wrote:Are we sure those are authentic and not knock-offs?

Well, as sure as you can be with following the three golden rules of buying stuff off Amazon:

1. Does the product have lots of 4+ star reviews?
2. Are you buying from a seller that offers Amazon warehouse fulfillment?
3. Does said seller have a lot of positive feedback?

That's about as good as you can get I think, and this product has situations meeting that criteria. I'd buy one if I didn't already have plenty of wired GameCube controllers.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Sorry to knock the thread off topic!

fastbilly1 wrote:But you need 8 for Smash WiiU

:lol: Not likely. I'd be happy if I could get ONE person to play Smash with me. Forget about 7!

SpoonyBard wrote:Only difference is a slightly shorter cord.

I think I actually have a couple GCN extension cables that I got when Nick was selling off the stock from the RB store.

Exhuminator wrote:I'd buy one if I didn't already have plenty of wired GameCube controllers.

I have enough too, but I kinda like the way the white controller looks. It'd be nice to use on my Wii.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

fastbilly1 wrote:I have 16 or 18 of TTX controllers:
In all sorts of colors. They are alittle off from originals, but are excellent for every game I have played with them for the last five years.

These are very good, we have used them for Brawl. The only issue is that the stick tends to drift and become off-center a little bit.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Ziggy587 wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:But you need 8 for Smash WiiU

:lol: Not likely. I'd be happy if I could get ONE person to play Smash with me. Forget about 7!

Same. Wont stop me from buying two adapters though - one for PC one for Wiiu

Erik_Twice wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:I have 16 or 18 of TTX controllers:

These are very good, we have used them for Brawl. The only issue is that the stick tends to drift and become off-center a little bit.

I have had a couple do that over time, but it is not insurmountable.