NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
sega dude
8-bit
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:24 pm

Best third party GameCube controller?

by sega dude Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:31 pm

I would like to get into some of my Gamecube games, specifically Metroid Prime, but I don't have any good Gamecube controllers. All I have are horrible "iConcepts Game Fury" controllers I got at Family Dollar. I also have a gamestop brand wireless Gamecube controller, while it is better, is has problems of it's own. Unfortunately official Gamecube controllers are expensive, especially the Wavebird. As much as I'd like to have an official Nintendo brand GameCube controller, they are just too expensive. So, what is the best 3rd party controller that I could get for relatively cheap?
My Systems: Sega Master System Model 1,Sega Genesis Model 1, Sega Genesis Model 2, Sega CD Model 2, Sega Saturn Model 2, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Pico, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), DS Lite, DSi, 2DS, 3DS (x2), Wii (White), PS2 Slim, PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 Phat, Xbox One, NES, SNES
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13728
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by fastbilly1 Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:38 pm

I have 16 or 18 of TTX controllers:
http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-Wired-Contr ... B003V9BGC8
In all sorts of colors. They are alittle off from originals, but are excellent for every game I have played with them for the last five years.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by Exhuminator Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:46 pm

The ones Fastbilly1 mentioned seem decent. There's also these, which may or may not be the same manufacturer I'm not sure.

Personally I think $29.96 is a fair price for a brand new official GameCube controller as such.

I wish I had a Wavebird though. Totally missed the boat on that one.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 13166
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: NY

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by Ziggy587 Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:54 pm

Exhuminator wrote:Personally I think $29.96 is a fair price for a brand new official GameCube controller as such.


Damn, those look nice. And $30 for a brand new first party controller ain't bad. Are we sure those are authentic and not knock-offs? I think I wanna get one of those for myself!

Exhuminator wrote:I wish I had a Wavebird though. Totally missed the boat on that one.


Ugh, tell me about it. I had a pair that I sold before the price went up. I'd be nice to have one again, but I comfort myself by remembering that they don't have force feedback.
Image

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13728
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by fastbilly1 Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:10 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
Exhuminator wrote:I wish I had a Wavebird though. Totally missed the boat on that one.


Ugh, tell me about it. I had a pair that I sold before the price went up. I'd be nice to have one again, but I comfort myself by remembering that they don't have force feedback.

But you need 8 for Smash WiiU
User avatar
SpoonyBard
128-bit
 
Posts: 804
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:50 pm
Location: Northern Wisconsin

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by SpoonyBard Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Damn, those look nice. And $30 for a brand new first party controller ain't bad. Are we sure those are authentic and not knock-offs? I think I wanna get one of those for myself!


They're first party Japanese controllers. Only difference is a slightly shorter cord.
User avatar
Exhuminator
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11573
Joined: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by Exhuminator Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Are we sure those are authentic and not knock-offs?

Well, as sure as you can be with following the three golden rules of buying stuff off Amazon:

1. Does the product have lots of 4+ star reviews?
2. Are you buying from a seller that offers Amazon warehouse fulfillment?
3. Does said seller have a lot of positive feedback?

That's about as good as you can get I think, and this product has situations meeting that criteria. I'd buy one if I didn't already have plenty of wired GameCube controllers.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 13166
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: NY

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by Ziggy587 Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Sorry to knock the thread off topic!

fastbilly1 wrote:But you need 8 for Smash WiiU


:lol: Not likely. I'd be happy if I could get ONE person to play Smash with me. Forget about 7!

SpoonyBard wrote:Only difference is a slightly shorter cord.


I think I actually have a couple GCN extension cables that I got when Nick was selling off the stock from the RB store.

Exhuminator wrote:I'd buy one if I didn't already have plenty of wired GameCube controllers.


I have enough too, but I kinda like the way the white controller looks. It'd be nice to use on my Wii.
Image

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
User avatar
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6252
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:22 am
Location: Madrid, Spain

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by Erik_Twice Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:25 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:I have 16 or 18 of TTX controllers:
http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-Wired-Contr ... B003V9BGC8
In all sorts of colors. They are alittle off from originals, but are excellent for every game I have played with them for the last five years.

These are very good, we have used them for Brawl. The only issue is that the stick tends to drift and become off-center a little bit.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13728
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Re: Best third party GameCube controller?

by fastbilly1 Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:09 am

Ziggy587 wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:But you need 8 for Smash WiiU


:lol: Not likely. I'd be happy if I could get ONE person to play Smash with me. Forget about 7!

Same. Wont stop me from buying two adapters though - one for PC one for Wiiu

Erik_Twice wrote:
fastbilly1 wrote:I have 16 or 18 of TTX controllers:
http://www.amazon.com/BLACK-Wired-Contr ... B003V9BGC8
In all sorts of colors. They are alittle off from originals, but are excellent for every game I have played with them for the last five years.

These are very good, we have used them for Brawl. The only issue is that the stick tends to drift and become off-center a little bit.


I have had a couple do that over time, but it is not insurmountable.
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests