Re: The Splatoon Thread

by AppleQueso Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:41 am

It's just so messy

of course I want it
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:52 am

Ah, so there IS going to be a single player campaign mode. When all we saw was the multi player portion of the game, I was wondering it if was just gonna be a full retail game. Even before the single player reveal, I was pretty excited for this anyway. It looks excellent.

My Sale Thread - SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Fri May 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi, haven't been on here in a while...

Anyone East of the Mississippi staying up for the Splatoon demo?
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sat May 09, 2015 12:03 am

I just finished playing for about 40 minutes, really enjoyed it so far.

The class with the rollers seem way to overpowered though. You can turn into a squid, fly at someone with heaps of speed, then turn back into a human with the roller and get a kill.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

by SpoonyBard Sat May 09, 2015 12:04 am

I think I liked it more before the demo. Just couldn't get the hang of the controls - and the roller class seemed to score drastically more points than any other. Lots of potential, but i'm not very impressed by the demo.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sat May 09, 2015 12:07 am

SpoonyBard wrote:I think I liked it more before the demo. Just couldn't get the hang of the controls - and the roller class seemed to score drastically more points than any other. Lots of potential, but i'm not very impressed by the demo.

Yeah, I also found the fact it used movement to aim, in addition to the right stick off putting, would really prefer to just aim with the right stick.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

by SpoonyBard Sat May 09, 2015 12:10 am

You can. On the character select screen there is an options menu that allows you to turn motion controls off. I don't play a lot of shooters like this, so it could just be me - but something about the controls just feels off.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Sat May 09, 2015 12:12 am

SpoonyBard wrote:You can. On the character select screen there is an options menu that allows you to turn motion controls off. I don't play a lot of shooters like this, so it could just be me - but something about the controls just feels off.

Damn, I missed that completely.
Opa Opa

by Opa Opa Sat May 09, 2015 6:39 am

Roller- I wouldn't necessarily call it OP. It has crappy range for the small fling attack. If you're smart you can get those squid-sneak kills but you're relying on the enemies not spraying part of your paint. The roller is really best for covering the ground anyway. Charging into a heated battle with it usually got me killed; though I did manage a few double-kills. :P

Motion controls- yeah, disable that. Motion + right stick was the most bass-ackwards control scheme I've seen in a while. It felt really unnatural.

I'm going to try to play again this morning.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Sat May 09, 2015 6:40 am

Slightly mixed reception from you guys then?

I missed the first demo (4-5am UK time) but I'm ready for the next one in 20 minutes. I'm really looking forward to this game, so I hope it's good!
Return to Nintendo