NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Wii/GCN controller adapters?

by ninjainspandex Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:26 am

fastbilly1 wrote:N64 to Wii use to be raphnet only. But alittle while ago EMS released this fella:
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Nintendo- ... B007PVC30M

I have no idea how well it works though, since N64 games are soso on the Wii.

lol New is going for $35 and used $100+? :lol:
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:56 am

fastbilly1 wrote:I have no idea how well it works though, since N64 games are soso on the Wii.

Oh, N64 emulation is spotty on the Wii? I'm actually interested in this one for my brother, I was gonna set up his Wii with a bunch of emulators and I know that he'd MUCH prefer a real N64 controller over a GCN or Classic Controller.

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:59 am

Any game sold in the store (a wad file), works fine. But third party emulation, via mupen or wii64, is spotty at best.

Rare games specifically are bad.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:42 am

fastbilly1 wrote:Any game sold in the store (a wad file), works fine. But third party emulation, via mupen or wii64, is spotty at best.

Rare games specifically are bad.

Ah, that's a shame. I didn't realize this. I guess I just figured since N64 games from the Wii Shop play nice that emulation would be good. That makes me not even wanna set up N64 emulation for him.

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:46 am

How is N64 emulation on the Oxbox?
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:40 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:How is N64 emulation on the Oxbox?

Worse. There's only a Pentium III-733mhz in there, very similar to a mobile Celeron of the day. There's just not enough power to do what needs to be done, though as always, it's possible, some games work better than others, etc.

The Wii at least has the Virtual Console versions, and with some tweaking and fooling around, a generally better experience than the Xbox.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:08 pm

So this thread is getting OT quick, but, if I were to get N64 wads, how would I go about using them? Is there a way to install them as a channel or something?

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:33 pm

Softmod it and install them through a wad manager in the Homebrew Channel, not hard atall.

I was very disappointed in Wii64, but any legit wad plays perfectly. Mario Kart 64 plays better than it does on the 64 - sans controller.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:50 pm

edit: I realized that I have more Wii softmod questions then I thought, so I started a separate thread for them here: viewtopic.php?p=931314#p931314

So, back on topic now...

For the N64, the Ralph Net adapter looks to be the best bet. Has anyone used that EMS one? Looks cheap.

Is Ralphnet the only real option for TG16/PCE controllers as well?

What options do I have for Genesis controllers? I'm not seeing any.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:58 am

Ziggy587 wrote:edit: I realized that I have more Wii softmod questions then I thought, so I started a separate thread for them here: viewtopic.php?p=931314#p931314

So, back on topic now...

For the N64, the Ralph Net adapter looks to be the best bet. Has anyone used that EMS one? Looks cheap.

Is Ralphnet the only real option for TG16/PCE controllers as well?

What options do I have for Genesis controllers? I'm not seeing any.

The only Genesis/MD adapter I could find was Bruno Freitas's:
www.brunofreitas.com/node/40

But it is a premium item. Apparently it supports N64 now aswell.
Return to Nintendo