NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Wii/GCN controller adapters?

by Ziggy587 Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Well, I finally got around to installing the HBC on my Wii (took long enough, I know) so now I'm looking at controller adapters that I can use for emulators. I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a thread where people list all of their favorite adapters.

There's two types that I see. One that plugs into the GCN controller port, and one that plugs into a remote. I guess that would mean the Wii either sees it as a GCN controller or a Classic Controller. I could go either way, but I would prefer the GCN route.

So what's everyone's favorite adapters to use? I'm looking at a couple for the NES right now, but I wanted to hear what every one says before buying something.

Or should I "hijack" a GCN controller and make a universal adapter?

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
meat
64-bit

Re: Wii/GCN controller adapters?

by meat Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:54 pm

youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:35 pm

Get a Mayflash PSX Adapter that allows PS1/PS2 controllers, either or both the Gamecube port and Classic Controller variety. There are tons of Playstation controllers out there including Arcade Sticks, a huge variety of different styles. The Classic Controller adapter route handy if the console across the room under the TV. It also has a capability for any Playstation controller button to be switched to autofire. :idea:

My Mayflash Adapter Review - viewtopic.php?p=436819#p436819

Oh and there is certain PSX Flightstick that works with every Wii game that supports Classic Controller or Gamecube. For your Emulators, a great controller for the Arcade Tron. :D

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:53 pm

I personally have used the Mayflash SNES/NES to Wii adapter for years, works absolutely flawlessly without any lag.

Recently I have bought a GBA player for my Gamecube and those Hori GBA pads are rediculously expensive now, are there any good inexpensive SNES to Gamecube adapters I could use with the GBA Player?
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:58 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:Recently I have bought a GBA player for my Gamecube and those Hori GBA pads are rediculously expensive now, are there any good inexpensive SNES to Gamecube adapters I could use with the GBA Player?

For the Gameboy Player, I actually like using the GBA link cable and a (not SP) Gameboy Advance. Both of which are cheap.

There's also the Pelican Retro Pad, which is very similar to the Hori but a lot cheaper if you can find one.

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
irixith
Next-Gen

by irixith Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:28 pm

I use the retrousb wii to usb connectors that go into the GC ports for SNES/NES pads, and a funny little adapter that hooks up either N64 or PS2 pads. That way I don't have to add any additional controllers to the pile.

I have the SFC to Wii Controller pad from Club Nintendo Japan, and while it is the perfect pad, I don't really see the point of expending batteries to use a wired controller.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:35 pm

irixith wrote:I have the SFC to Wii Controller pad from Club Nintendo Japan, and while it is the perfect pad, I don't really see the point of expending batteries to use a wired controller.

Exactly why I'd rather get adapters that use the GCN controller port instead of the remote.

ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

by ninjainspandex Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:40 pm

I use my Wii in my bedroom and my wii and TV are way too far from my bed for a wired controller to be feasible :P
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:38 am

Anything in the way of N64 controller adapters? I'm not finding anything...

fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:13 am

N64 to Wii use to be raphnet only. But alittle while ago EMS released this fella:
http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Nintendo- ... B007PVC30M

I have no idea how well it works though, since N64 games are soso on the Wii.
Return to Nintendo