NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Lagrange Point released in English by AGTP

by Exhuminator Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:45 am

At long last a Famicom JRPG I've wanted in English for many years has finally had its translation released:

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=lagrange

This is a sci-fi JRPG by Konami, originally released April 26, 1991. It is notable as being the only game ever released with Konami's VRC7 sound generator integrated circuit, which allowed for a drastic improvement in the quality of the music and sound effects used in the game. (The OST was composed by Akio Dobashi and Noriyuki Takahashi, of the 80s Japanese rock band REBECCA.) I recommended Nestopia to emulate it, as the emulator supports the VRC7. (And play it with one of these.) You've never heard a NES game sound like this! Lagrange Point also has great graphics with large enemy sprites and colorful cinematics. This was a AAA JRPG for its day.

Info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_ ... eo_game%29

Even more info: http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/lagran ... epoint.htm
(spoilers so watch out)

This fan translation was released on October 22nd, but I was away on vacation... better late news than never. :D

PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Re: Lagrange Point released in English by AGTP

by BoneSnapDeez Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:18 pm

Good stuff! I've played a bit of this via emulation. May just have to import it now and play it on the Retron 5!
MrPopo

by MrPopo Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:48 pm

Hmmm... sounds like a repro cart would be very hard to pull of; possibly replacing the chips on the original board combined with a pin adapter like the early ROB games had, and even then we might be screwed if this uses the extra pins that CV3 used (which is JP CV3's sound is better).
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
TSTR
Next-Gen

by TSTR Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:54 pm

Word up, will def check this out!
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Yeah, I saw that posted and was really excited. I'm still trying to concentrate on Xenoblade, but this needs to go in the pile. It sounds absolutely amazing, although it's still weird hearing Genesis-style FM synth coming from an NES game.

I tell you what, though, I marvel at how much Gideon Zhi and co. have produced. They're still doing yeoman's work on the translation front.
Return to Nintendo