Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

Post by FerretGamer »

The low light shouldn't be an issue because there is an IR sensor next to the camera. You can see it being activated at certain times if you look closely (little speckles of red light).
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Tanooki wrote:I had her try this one out and surprisingly enough on the lowest setting just above 'off' where it just clicks it on she could see the depth and it wasn't double vision.

Yeah I'm glad to hear people who couldn't see the 3D before are finally able to do so. Personally I don't have a problem seeing the 3D full blast on the original 3DS XL. However, I showed it to my fiance one time and her eyes nearly ripped out of her head and she just about barfed all over my 3DS. I wonder if the New 3DS XL would work for her then? I'm not willing to spend $199 right now to find out though. :lol:

Looking forward to seeing what kind of exclusives come out for this thing.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well considering it's a barf test, go to toys r us and try the tethered display unit. They're used to cleaning up kid puke so it should be alright. :D
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

So howlongtobeat lists Xenoblade Chronicles length as around 67 hours... just for the main story! Is this accurate?

I'm considering pre-ordering the N3DS port but I had no idea the game had a lot to it. I'm probably gonna dump 100+ hours into MH4. Might as well play another long game after that. :lol:
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Opa Opa wrote:So howlongtobeat lists Xenoblade Chronicles length as around 67 hours... just for the main story! Is this accurate?

I'm considering pre-ordering the N3DS port but I had no idea the game had a lot to it. I'm probably gonna dump 100+ hours into MH4. Might as well play another long game after that. :lol:

Yep, 67 hours is pretty likely even without sidequests.

I did all of the sidequests available in one run and I hit 128 hours.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Sounds about right. I did almost all the timed quests, and a lot of the others that weren't, and ended up with a finishing time of 99.5 hours. It's a great game, but man, I was ready to be done at the end. Give me a tighter experience like The Last Story and I'm much happier.

(Frame of reference: The only other RPG I've gotten close to that time on was Dragon Warrior VII, at a bit over 93 hours. I actually enjoyed that one from (nearly) start to finish, but I was also younger and had more time.)
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Wait the new Xenoblade game for New 3DS is the Wii game ported?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Stark wrote:Wait the new Xenoblade game for New 3DS is the Wii game ported?

Yes, they are making a sequel of sorts for the Wii U
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Yes, this exclusive to the New 3DS 3DS game is actually a port of a five year old Wii title.

(Now I say that after just buying a 3DS remake of a 15 year old N64 game, so the hypocrisy isn't lost on me.)
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Jmustang1968 wrote:

Yes, they are making a sequel of sorts for the Wii U

Hmm might have to put the Wii one in my Sale thread then.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.