Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

Post by jay_red »

Jmustang1968 wrote:
jay_red wrote:Has anyone that ordered the MM edition through best buy received a a shipped confirmation yet? Mine still says preparing order...

Yes, mine has been shipped and I have a tracking number. Should be delivered Thursday. You may want to contact them, I have heard of others get their order cancelled recently as they couldnt fulfill all pre-orders...

I never got the cancellation email and my order still says processing. I called the automated system and it said it was preparing to ship, and gave me an estimated delivery date of the 19th,i was be very surprised if it showed up that quickly.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Tanooki wrote:Damn well that's one thing I don't like about it then as I never leave it on unless I need to update/eshop as I don't care for street/spot pass stuff. I'll have to go and kill that to save a little battery and have some privacy.

I agree that I would rather have the Wifi switch on the console, but to be fair, even with it on all the time, the battery life still seems longer than the older 3DS models with the wifi off.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

so my store just got in another 8 New 3DS today. So the restock seems to be coming quickly. Also got a ton more amiibos in of Sheik, Toon Link and Bowser. Hooray!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

What I've gathered so far:

-Things load QUICK, very quick.
-3D tracking is legit. It's just better. 'nuff said.

More later...
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Got my shipping confirmation today, they shipped it overnight even though I had the free shipping even though I selected the free shipping option.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

I've been playing with my new 3DS and Majora's Mask all weekend. The 3D is just awesome and usable, finally!

The 3D is now always on which is completely opposite of what I did with my old 3DSXL.

I need to go back and replay some of my 3DS favorites like Pilotwings and Kid Icarus, which should be a real treat with the super stable 3D.
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

How well does this 3D head tracking stuff work in very low light?
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Reprise wrote:I agree that I would rather have the Wifi switch on the console, but to be fair, even with it on all the time, the battery life still seems longer than the older 3DS models with the wifi off.

That's good to know. I haven't run the battery down yet to find out. I don't play for very long stretches when I do things, but I'm looking to use this more than the 3DS XL had been for awhile as I've got unfinished stuff.

Exhuminator wrote:How well does this 3D head tracking stuff work in very low light?

I've tried fairly low light and it seemed to still keep up nice enough. In total darkness I think it gets a little more sketchy but it still detects your head motions even if it's kind of blind in the dark due to the glow off the screen. It kind of falls between as bad as the old 3DS was and the upgrade being great in better light.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Did some reading other places and it looks like low light is not an issue, that's good.

However, I've been reading that glasses can throw the tracking off. It seems hit or miss depending on the type of glasses one wears. I've read about this a few places on the internet, there's a recent thread on NeoGAF about it right now: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=994007

As someone who religiously wears glasses with black rims this is a bit disconcerting.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

My wife is blind without, but her's are thin and have that color(tint) adjusting depending on light on hers and had no issue.

And interesting note, she could never use the 3D on the normal 3DS at any slider level because it would go double and make her feel bad, same thing with movies so we never do 3D movies at all. I had her try this one out and surprisingly enough on the lowest setting just above 'off' where it just clicks it on she could see the depth and it wasn't double vision.