NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23151
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by dsheinem Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 am

:roll: :roll:

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-just-announc ... 1628389333

http://kotaku.com/how-does-the-new-3ds- ... 1628391755

shit's gettin' old :lol:

oh, and do note that it has beefier hardware too, which means they are going to be making new games that your old 3DS can't play: http://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles- ... 1628392228
User avatar
ZenErik
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by ZenErik Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:17 am

I wish the Vita would copy this extra shoulder button thing. Would be useful for quite a few games and any remote play.

As unfortunate as it is that there's a new/better 3DS model... I can't see myself NOT buying it eventually. Maybe I'll give Xenoblade a second chance. Had difficulty getting into it on the Wii. Portable may be a great help.
Last edited by ZenErik on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23151
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by dsheinem Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:18 am

ZenErik wrote:I wish the Vita would copy this extra shoulder button thing. Would be useful for quite a few games and any remote play.

As unfortunate is it is that there's a new/better 3DS model... I can't see myself NOT buying it eventually. Maybe I'll give Xenoblade a second chance. Had difficulty getting into it on the Wii. Portable may be a great help.


I concur with all this. It's just annoying to need to upgrade yet again.
User avatar
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 6770
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 am

dsheinem wrote:
ZenErik wrote:I wish the Vita would copy this extra shoulder button thing. Would be useful for quite a few games and any remote play.

As unfortunate is it is that there's a new/better 3DS model... I can't see myself NOT buying it eventually. Maybe I'll give Xenoblade a second chance. Had difficulty getting into it on the Wii. Portable may be a great help.


I concur with all this. It's just annoying to need to upgrade yet again.


Seems a bit excessive don't you think? Just get that second analog attachment thingy.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38132
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by noiseredux Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 am

F off.
Image
User avatar
dsheinem
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 23151
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:56 pm
Location: Northeast Pennsylvania

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by dsheinem Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
dsheinem wrote:
ZenErik wrote:I wish the Vita would copy this extra shoulder button thing. Would be useful for quite a few games and any remote play.

As unfortunate is it is that there's a new/better 3DS model... I can't see myself NOT buying it eventually. Maybe I'll give Xenoblade a second chance. Had difficulty getting into it on the Wii. Portable may be a great help.


I concur with all this. It's just annoying to need to upgrade yet again.


Seems a bit excessive don't you think? Just get that second analog attachment thingy.


I think you're missing that Xenoblade and, I'd assume, other new games will ONLY be playable on the NEW 3DS, regardless of whether you have a circle pad pro hooked up to an old 3DS. The internal hardware is more powerful in the new 3DS, it isn't quite the same system but instead a very incremental advancement.
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38132
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by noiseredux Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

yeah, once again stupid and confusing. Just like the dumbass DSi which had a handful of exclusives that couldn't play on the DS. The difference here is that Xenoblade will be something a lot of people want. Ugh. Assholes. I'm totally not going to upgrade though. I already bought a 3DS and an XL. Enough's enough.
Image
User avatar
ZenErik
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4187
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:15 am
Location: Boston

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by ZenErik Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

Yea. But I also don't see there being many high profile New 3DS exclusives. There are way too many 3DS (2DS?) owners out there. I can see there being a few exclusives and a handful of games that run a bit better on this new model.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
User avatar
emwearz
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4715
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:24 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by emwearz Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

I imagine it will be like the 2 Dsi exclusives they released, then went back to making games that are DS backward compilable.

It would not be in the best interest of the developers to make games that New 3DS exclusive as you are cutting out a huge buyer base, I imagine some games will have a feature or two ("HIGH RES MODE!!!") but doubt many games will be New 3DS exclusive.
User avatar
isiolia
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5725
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by isiolia Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:27 am

So I guess this would be why Smash is coming to 3DS first.
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests