dsheinem
Next-Gen

Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by dsheinem Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 am

:roll: :roll:

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-just-announc ... 1628389333

http://kotaku.com/how-does-the-new-3ds- ... 1628391755

shit's gettin' old :lol:

oh, and do note that it has beefier hardware too, which means they are going to be making new games that your old 3DS can't play: http://kotaku.com/xenoblade-chronicles- ... 1628392228
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Re: Yet another 3DS model announced - the NEW 3DS

by ZenErik Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:17 am

I wish the Vita would copy this extra shoulder button thing. Would be useful for quite a few games and any remote play.

As unfortunate as it is that there's a new/better 3DS model... I can't see myself NOT buying it eventually. Maybe I'll give Xenoblade a second chance. Had difficulty getting into it on the Wii. Portable may be a great help.
Last edited by ZenErik on Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:18 am

ZenErik wrote:I wish the Vita would copy this extra shoulder button thing. Would be useful for quite a few games and any remote play.

As unfortunate is it is that there's a new/better 3DS model... I can't see myself NOT buying it eventually. Maybe I'll give Xenoblade a second chance. Had difficulty getting into it on the Wii. Portable may be a great help.

I concur with all this. It's just annoying to need to upgrade yet again.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:20 am

dsheinem wrote:
ZenErik wrote:I wish the Vita would copy this extra shoulder button thing. Would be useful for quite a few games and any remote play.

As unfortunate is it is that there's a new/better 3DS model... I can't see myself NOT buying it eventually. Maybe I'll give Xenoblade a second chance. Had difficulty getting into it on the Wii. Portable may be a great help.

Seems a bit excessive don't you think? Just get that second analog attachment thingy.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 am

F off.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:22 am

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
dsheinem wrote:

Seems a bit excessive don't you think? Just get that second analog attachment thingy.

I think you're missing that Xenoblade and, I'd assume, other new games will ONLY be playable on the NEW 3DS, regardless of whether you have a circle pad pro hooked up to an old 3DS. The internal hardware is more powerful in the new 3DS, it isn't quite the same system but instead a very incremental advancement.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

yeah, once again stupid and confusing. Just like the dumbass DSi which had a handful of exclusives that couldn't play on the DS. The difference here is that Xenoblade will be something a lot of people want. Ugh. Assholes. I'm totally not going to upgrade though. I already bought a 3DS and an XL. Enough's enough.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

Yea. But I also don't see there being many high profile New 3DS exclusives. There are way too many 3DS (2DS?) owners out there. I can see there being a few exclusives and a handful of games that run a bit better on this new model.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 am

I imagine it will be like the 2 Dsi exclusives they released, then went back to making games that are DS backward compilable.

It would not be in the best interest of the developers to make games that New 3DS exclusive as you are cutting out a huge buyer base, I imagine some games will have a feature or two ("HIGH RES MODE!!!") but doubt many games will be New 3DS exclusive.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:27 am

So I guess this would be why Smash is coming to 3DS first.
Return to Nintendo