Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes announced

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Zing
Next-Gen

Re: Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remakes announced

Post by Zing »

It looks as though this will have the same limitations on 3D as X/Y. The official videos and text say "game in 2D, some areas playable in 3D". Oh well.

Pokemon X/Y is the first game I have ever seen that actually slows the framerate when you enable 3D. I assumed the 3DS always rendered the same when the game enables 3D (the 3D light is on) regardless of the 3D slider setting. This appears to be incorrect. During battles, if you toggle the 3D slider, you can immediately see the performance difference.

I enjoyed having 3D enabled, as I do with all my games, but the performance hit in battle and particularly during super training is frustrating. I wonder why this game runs so poorly? Mario Kart, NSMB2, Zelda and such all run smooth 60fps in 3D.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I'm super late to the party. I want to be a part of it though.

- I never played Ruby/Sapphire. Echoing others, I stopped after Silver/Gold. I did however get back into it for Pearl and Diamond.
- I haven't played Black/White 1&2
- I haven't yet played X/Y

Should I experience one, two, or all three of those before jumping into the remake? I have heard good things about X&Y, and knew friends that liked Black and White, but I have to admit I don't know much about the last two generations.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

@blu I don't think you'd have to play through any of the others(though it probably wouldn't hurt for sake of playing through the originals(even on the actual gbc cart :P) and some of the newer ones). I think that's the great thing about the pokemon series, yes a few pokemon do transfer between regions but most games are fully seperate(unlike the anime series). So you should be fine if you want to skip to the remake(since it does take place after gold/silver but no linkage I know of that would hurt your understanding)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?