Best N64 Wrestling game?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Anapan
Next-Gen

Best N64 Wrestling game?

Post by Anapan »

I've only played Rumble Roses on 360 and Digi Charat Fight on PC, so I have no knowledge or reference point to go on. I don't even have a N64, and emulation is sketchy.
I want to get my friend a Nintendo 64 game as a gift; Should I get WWF No Mercy, or WCW/NwO Revenge? Are there other great wrestling games?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Re: Best N64 Wrestling game?

Post by foxhound1022 »

Pretty much any of the THQ/AKI games are a sure bet. Me personally, I like Revenge.

Wrestlemania 2000 added a kind of story mode and a wrestler creator option, and No Mercy just expanded upon that, adding some more technical elements and a better story mode.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

The character creator! That's what I remember reading about.
I expect each has some control/fighting style that others left out for a new one. Graphical prowess aside, what does Revenge have on No Mercy (in your opinion)?
Or should I get both of them?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

Post by SNESdrunk »

I think the consensus is No Mercy, but I remember liking Wrestlemania 2000 a lot more. Wish I could tell you why but it's been years since I've played either.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

This might not be a popular suggestion, but I have always enjoyed WCW Nitro. It may be due only to the fact that the game came out during the height of the WCW and my friends and I loved the roster.

Not the most responsive controls though.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

No Mercy hands down!

No Mercy is built from Revenge and Wrestlemania 2000 and improves it even more. the CAW (create a wrestler) is still one of the best. you can create almost anyone in today's roster.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I have all three of the Aki/THQ wrestling games, They are all fun, and since, According to videogamepricecharts, you can get all three of them for about $15, I see no reason not to own all of them.
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I have all three of the Aki/THQ wrestling games, They are all fun, and since, According to videogamepricecharts, you can get all three of them for about $15, I see no reason not to own all of them.

+1
Get wcw vs the world, wcw revenge, wwf no mercy and wrestlemania 2000. That's all you need and there all going to be less than 15.00
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I have all three of the Aki/THQ wrestling games, They are all fun, and since, According to videogamepricecharts, you can get all three of them for about $15, I see no reason not to own all of them.

Whoops! I just realized that there are four Aki/THQ wrestling games. (I forgot about WCW/NWO World tour.) You should be able to get a lot with all four games for less than $20, and each one of them is great.
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

WWF No Mercy has some flaws, due to pushing the N64 to its limits (mostly slow down and restricted wrestler entrances), but overall it is the obvious best. The story mode was great, the roster was great and it has the most match modes. It took everything that made the previous AKI wrestling games great and just expanded on it and added much more.

WCW/NWO Revenge had an awesome WCW roster and Wrestlemania 2000 was also good. Can't say either compare to No Mercy though. Just watch out for the data erase glitch that affects like 90% of the copies out there :?
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328