NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) announced for 2014

by Forlorn Drifter Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:20 pm

CFFJR wrote:I like Twilight more than Ocarina too. By quite a bit in fact.

And Majora is my second favorite.

So, go you, way to be awesome.

As for Majora characters, it doesn't seem like there are any off the shelf. However they've announced something like 4 different dlc packs to be released over the next 4 months. One of them is Majora focused and includes a couple of new characters, though it hasn't yet been specified who those characters are.

I'm hoping Young Link wielding the Gilded Sword will be one of them. The Fierce Deity would make me happy too.

Phew, I'm not alone.

I'm hoping for Fierce Deity, and maybe Skull Kid with the mask. Or the Mask Salesman. :lol:
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:35 pm

Stark wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:How in the world was Ocarina even remotely dark?
I agree.
Gamerforlife wrote:You can't have a game where you spend fifty percent of your time running around as a kid be dark. No...just no.
I don't agree.

:lol:

Well, okay. In fairness, I should probably add cutesy style, Nintendo kid. I understand how games like these can be dark:

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:58 pm

Got my copy today, and after spending an hour trying to figure out how to get my Wii U Pro controller to work with the stupid console, I was reminded why the Wii U (much like it's predecessor) is the worst console on the market today.

I swear, Nintendo systems are the most complicated ones to use now. Not user friendly at all
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:46 pm

First, the Wii U Pro pad was out of sync for some reason and couldn't move the cursor around properly

When I sorted out that crap, I was told I couldn't set up my new internet connection unless I got my touch screen controller out.

Then, when I tried to play the game, I was told to select a display mode, which I could ONLY do if I dug out my Wii remote from my closet

I don't need 3 DAMN CONTROLLERS to get shit done on a PS4 Nintendo :evil:

No wonder you're DEAD LAST in the console war right now.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Gamerforlife wrote:No wonder you're DEAD LAST in the console war right now.

If having a good UI was the most important part, MS would be bankrupt.....in ALL its business (Windows 8, mobile, their mail services ect.)

I don't know how the Wii U is, but the Wii was much more simple to use compared to the PS3 and 360 (and I love my PS3).

And when my cousins bought a PS4 past christmas we spent half an hour + setting it up.

I think all devices will have their shitty aspects. You can laugh at the idiots who designed them, but I wouldn't get upset over it.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

by Violent By Design Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:03 am

ZeroAX wrote:[

I don't know how the Wii U is, but the Wii was much more simple to use compared to the PS3 and 360 (and I love my PS3).

Perhaps more simple in that it has very few apps so you don't scroll through anything to go to "play game". Synchronizing the controls for the Wii can be a pain, not to mention not every TV setting is optimal for the motion bar. For the PS3 I pretty much just plugged in and started playing.

I think setting up the Wii on average is more inconvenient than the PS3 or 360. One of the reasons why I don't play my Wii as much, it is a pain to hook up for me.
BananaXX
64-bit

by BananaXX Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:24 am

First time ever pre-ordering with Amazon, might be the last time I do. I didn't notice the tear until after I had opened the game :? Don't know if I should bother trying to get it replaced or what. I can't help but be pissed though.
IMG_20140926_202151654_HDR-compressor.jpg
IMG_20140926_202151654_HDR-compressor.jpg (376.17 KiB) Viewed 349 times

From the two times I played through the first mission, I must say its a rather interesting game. I've never played a Warriors series game before so I had no idea really what to expect. Last time I played a hack-n-slash was LOTR: Two Towers back on the Cube. Game really moves at a high pace, seems within the first 5 minutes I had been yelled at repeatedly, gone the wrong way many times, failed to kill the outpost / keep bosses, etc. But I still enjoyed myself so far. I look forward to progressing further along.
BananaXX's FS/FT Shop!!! +21 feedback and growing!!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

by ZeroAX Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:56 am

Violent By Design wrote:I think setting up the Wii on average is more inconvenient than the PS3 or 360. One of the reasons why I don't play my Wii as much, it is a pain to hook up for me.

I honestly can't see how that can be true....then again I drive stick, so what do I know :lol:

I don't know, as I said I love all my consoles and all of them have their fair amount of stupid. And at least with the Wii I didn't have to wait for patches taking forever to download.

On topic:

BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:02 am

Gamerforlife wrote:First, the Wii U Pro pad was out of sync for some reason and couldn't move the cursor around properly

When I sorted out that crap, I was told I couldn't set up my new internet connection unless I got my touch screen controller out.

Then, when I tried to play the game, I was told to select a display mode, which I could ONLY do if I dug out my Wii remote from my closet

I don't need 3 DAMN CONTROLLERS to get shit done on a PS4 Nintendo :evil:

No wonder you're DEAD LAST in the console war right now.

When I played the game, it never made me dig out the wii remote to select a display mode. I guess your system has gained sentience and just hates you.

And you are right, it does suck to set up a wii...putting in the a/v cables suck.

As for the game itself, I played the first mission last night when I got home from work and a broad smile spread across my face after doing my first combo. I was very very entertained. I have played Dynasty Warriors before so I knew what I was getting into, but I never felt the monotony of the basic combos getting to me. I am curious to know how everyone plays, how the badges work and collecting the gold skulltatas and all the different modes of play.

Also, I am using the Gamepad as it displays the updates on my screen, as well as the health of the main characters on my team, which is VERY helpful since I totally miss the onscreen messages amidst the madness. The gamepad is super comfy for it and I had no problems.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Reprise
Next-Gen

by Reprise Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:27 am

I only need one controller to play my Wii U. It's called the Gamepad...

Edit: In seriousness though, it is annoying when you want to use a different controller, but the Wii U forces you to use the Gamepad first to load the game or whatever.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation One, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, OUYA.

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Twitter: https://twitter.com/366GamesToPlay
Return to Nintendo