Super Mario 3D World

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Opa Opa

Re: Super Mario 3D World

Post by Opa Opa »

Bump
emwearz wrote:
CavZee wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:Despite thinking Cat Mario is the best power up EVER, I'd rank this game below Mario/Luigi U. 3D World is less challenging and multiplayer is more chaotic than fun.

It's definitely easier, but multiplayer on a 2D plane where you can't walk through each other is a nightmare.

3D World also has much more imaginitive levels IMO.

To people saying the game is less challenging, have you finished all the levels, the last maybe 15 levels of the game are pretty hard with the last 2 being just evil.

You're not lying one bit. Getting all flags, stars, and stamps was a tad difficult but possible.

I could not finish two of the final three levels. I had to give up for now despite being within reach of completing the game.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Opa Opa wrote:I could not finish two of the final three levels. I had to give up for now despite being within reach of completing the game.

Welcome to my January 2014.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

I am on world 3, I am hoping I can cruise right through to the end. It's such a fun, clever, and cute game!
Flake

Post by Flake »

I need to pick this game back up again. I spent the first half of the month clearing Mario Galaxy 2 for the first time - and my biggest issue was that it wasn't Mario 3D World. This game has really influenced what I expect from a non-2D Mario entry.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

The last two level took me such a long time to beat, I gave up, came back, gave up, then did them both in an afternoon I am pretty sure.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Since I just finished up Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction, I am starting Super Mario 3D World today. I have completed every other 3D Mario platformer, and I am very excited to plow through this one.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I have a huge retro backlog I'd like to pick away at, but I will hopefully get to 3D World this year. Got it for XMas and it looks amazing.
casterofdreams
Next-Gen

Post by casterofdreams »

I haven't played this game in about six months. I went straight through until I got up to the level that was a Galaxy throwback. But I couldn't complete that level due to constant hard freezing. Maybe they fixed it. Ill give it a try again.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Oh, man, that last normal level was just brutal. I'm not even going to describe what it took to make it through that. Oh, yeah, Mario games are "easy". Sure. Until they take the gloves off and punch you in the face.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Sarge wrote:Oh, man, that last normal level was just brutal. I'm not even going to describe what it took to make it through that. Oh, yeah, Mario games are "easy". Sure. Until they take the gloves off and punch you in the face.

The difficulty in modern Mario games is, IMO, scaled perfectly. Almost anyone (with enough practice) can get 60 stars and "beat" them. It takes experience and a steady hand to "complete" them, however, and it is usually the quest for all 120+ stars that I enjoy the most.