NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
mjmjr25
 

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by mjmjr25 Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 am

It says SNES / SFC. I don't see a way to specify which you receive though...does anyone know? I'd be in for a CIB SFC, no interest in SNES though.

Also, be sure to read the fine print, the pre-orders are sold out and those go out first in December. Anyone ordering now will have to wait "several" months for their copy. Hearing that makes me nervous...no paypal coverage after 45 days and more than one indie developer has flaked on its consumers. Not saying that about SFT at all, just stating to be cautious.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21570
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by Ack Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:49 am

mjmjr25 wrote:It says SNES / SFC. I don't see a way to specify which you receive though...does anyone know? I'd be in for a CIB SFC, no interest in SNES though.

Also, be sure to read the fine print, the pre-orders are sold out and those go out first in December. Anyone ordering now will have to wait "several" months for their copy. Hearing that makes me nervous...no paypal coverage after 45 days and more than one indie developer has flaked on its consumers. Not saying that about SFT at all, just stating to be cautious.


There is no difference. Super Fighter Team works to ensure that their cartridges are playable in all regions, regardless of region locking. The same cart will work in both a Super Famicom, an NTSC-U Super Nintendo, and a PAL Super Nintendo. And to my knowledge, Super Fighter Team has never flaked on an order.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
mjmjr25
 

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by mjmjr25 Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Right, but there are no images (that I can find) of the box / manual. Is it SFC or SNES sized and designed. I personally have no interest in a SNES box or PAL style box, but I would be interested if it were a SFC repro style box. Has the type of box style been determined.

Redspot never flaked on an order...until they did. Neg-Dev and Hu-Cast haven't fully flaked, but i'd argue borderline flake with constant delays and / or glitchy product. As said, it isn't a comment on SFT, it's a comment on indie developers that there is added risk when buying outside the paypal claim window.
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21570
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by Ack Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:04 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Right, but there are no images (that I can find) of the box / manual. Is it SFC or SNES sized and designed. I personally have no interest in a SNES box or PAL style box, but I would be interested if it were a SFC repro style box. Has the type of box style been determined.

Redspot never flaked on an order...until they did. Neg-Dev and Hu-Cast haven't fully flaked, but i'd argue borderline flake with constant delays and / or glitchy product. As said, it isn't a comment on SFT, it's a comment on indie developers that there is added risk when buying outside the paypal claim window.


Image

Having talked with the guys at SFT several times in the past, they're pretty stand up, and they've been doing these sorts of operations for nearly a decade. These were the guys who brought us Beggar Prince and Legend of Wukong about 6 years ago.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
mjmjr25
 

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by mjmjr25 Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:16 pm

^Is that on the website? I looked around...maybe not well enough.

So a PAL style box and cart....hmmm....
User avatar
Ack
Moderator
 
Posts: 21570
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:26 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by Ack Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:02 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:^Is that on the website? I looked around...maybe not well enough.

So a PAL style box and cart....hmmm....


I actually found this on a website that was reviewing the product. A few other folks around the web have put up pictures of their copies.
Image
Image
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
User avatar
darthmunky
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Canada

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by darthmunky Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Anyone get this game yet? I pre-ordered it a long time ago but still have not received it. I think they said the first round of pre-orders shipped in December.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
User avatar
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4573
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Hartland Wisconsin

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by ninjainspandex Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:33 pm

Can this be played on the SD2snes? I think I'll just wait for someone to dump the rom $70 for a repro is a bit steep for me.
Image
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 13166
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: NY

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by Ziggy587 Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:44 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:Can this be played on the SD2snes? I think I'll just wait for someone to dump the rom $70 for a repro is a bit steep for me.


It's not a "repro" though. They bought the rights to the (prototype) game. They worked on it (I still have no idea what they did to it) and produced it. Although too steep for me too, I'll at least give credit where deserved. If a SNES game in large production runs cost $60-70 back in the 90's, by today's dollars, $70 for a cart from a small dev team and a small (by industry standards) production run seems not so bad if you look at it like that.
Image

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
User avatar
darthmunky
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Canada

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by darthmunky Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:11 pm

The way I see it, you're paying 70$ for a game that was never released before and there is going to be a limited quantity. And it's brand new. It's going to be one of those highly wanted games that will go for hundreds of dollars online, so I couldn't not buy it. I emailed them and they said for anyone who bought theirs during the second round of pre-orders, there is still several months until they will be shipped.
- Check out my Trade List
- Check out my Want List
- My GameTZ feedback
- My eBay feedback
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests