NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
chupon
Next-Gen

Nightmare Busters now available!

by chupon Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:42 pm

Did a quick search and didn't see anything. Limited to 1200 copies. Nightmare Busters now available for SNES.

http://www.nightmarebusters.com/purchase.htm
Buy / Sell / Trade List: viewtopic.php?t=17958
Last updated: 11-10-16

PS3 ID: dakkenblackblade 360 ID: dakkenblackblad
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Nightmare Busters now available!

by o.pwuaioc Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:14 pm

Is it worth it?
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:20 pm

The color palette makes it look very Genesis-ish. Can't say I'm a big fan of the art design though.
SNESdrunk
Next-Gen

by SNESdrunk Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:28 pm

How many people will be buying this just to sell it on eBay as "rare"?
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 pm

I will not be getting it. Just wanted to share the news. Sure it's a fun new Snes game. Yes, people are going to flip it for money, not insane amounts of money but some. Not saying its going to be a top side scroller / platformer but I will say that I respect the company. They dowhat they want and get things done.

mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:25 pm

I've had a SNES repro of this for almost 3 years...is there something new here that i'm not seeing?
chupon
Next-Gen

by chupon Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Got this today:

Hello!

Here is the latest news from Super Fighter Team:

Nightmare Busters is available for pre-order once again!

Nightmare Busters is our new, action packed run and gun game for the Super Nintendo / Super Famicom. If you missed out on reserving one of the first 1,200 copies, now's your chance to jump into the queue. The game, which is slated to begin shipping in December*, is our first product for the SNES / SFC and we think you will find it very appealing. It is fully compatible with both PAL and NTSC systems. For more details or to place your pre-order, please visit the game's official website.

http://www.nightmarebusters.com/

*Before ordering, please understand that we must first ship product to everyone who took advantage of the initial round of pre-orders. If you place an order at this time, there will be a delay of at least several months before your order is processed and shipped. Thank you for understanding.

--

If you have already placed a pre-order for Nightmare Busters, a separate e-mail was already dispatched to you in regard to the upcoming release date. Thank you for your patience; we look forward to providing you with a quality product.

---

Thank you for your interest in our company and its video game products. We appreciate your support.

Have a nice day.

--

Super Fighter Team

http://www.superfighter.com

"Never let dreams die!"

Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:04 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:I've had a SNES repro of this for almost 3 years...is there something new here that i'm not seeing?

I haven't played the (original) game a whole lot, but I imagine they put a lot of work into it. Your repro is the prototype, the game was not finished. At the very least, not polished. I know SFT has had the rights to this game for a few years now, so they must have done something cool with it.

Did you look at the screen shots? Like I said, I haven't played a whole lot of the prototype, but I don't recall a 2-player mode. Also, it says you can hold down X to do a flying attack. I don't remember that in the proto either.

My Sale Thread - 7% off all marked prices!! SNES and N64 added! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:13 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:I've had a SNES repro of this for almost 3 years...is there something new here that i'm not seeing?

I haven't played the (original) game a whole lot, but I imagine they put a lot of work into it. Your repro is the prototype, the game was not finished. At the very least, not polished. I know SFT has had the rights to this game for a few years now, so they must have done something cool with it.

Did you look at the screen shots? Like I said, I haven't played a whole lot of the prototype, but I don't recall a 2-player mode. Also, it says you can hold down X to do a flying attack. I don't remember that in the proto either.

I see...very odd indeed. There have been CIB versions of this for both SFC and SNES for years - I never realized it wasn't completed and those were all repros...of protos. I've played it through...don't recall whether X was a flying attack or not.

My complaints with what I have are how fast it plays - it plays like RECCA, but as a platformer / run 'n gun, sorta like if Recca were Metal Slug, if you will. Game is incredibly hard and fast paced, maybe that was a glitch they patched. Will have to watch some videos of this release.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

by nightrnr Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:51 am

I'm tempted to get this.

Not sure if I really need it though. I mean I have several game carts that I haven't given near enough play time (Hagane being one that comes to mind in the action/platform category).

Still, I'd hate to miss out and regret it later.

And on the 3rd hand, the only game I've gotten from Super Fighter Team is Beggar Prince, and the others didn't interest me too much (possibly Wukong, but I'm not crying about missing it).

I'll think on it though...
A Magical Mad Hatter/Goblin (okay leprechaun) on a rampage sounds at least partly appealing.
...just another lost soul...
Return to Nintendo