NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Does a true wireless Wii (not U) Classic Controller exist ?

by Ziggy587 Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:19 pm

Here's what I'm looking for: A Wii Classic Controller Pro that operates solo. By that I mean, does not have to be plugged into the Remote. So pretty much a Wii U Pro Controller only for the Wii.

I haven't ever seen one, which is kinda surprising to me. I mean, I know Nintendo doesn't make one, but you'd think that some 3rd party would have. So I thought, perhaps one exists that I don't know of. Even if it's a Japan only controller or something like that.

If the answer is no, then I'll most likely be posting my plans in the Hacks and Mods section to possibly shove a Wii Remote inside a Classic Controller Pro. :lol:

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Does a true wireless Wii (not U) Classic Controller exis

by jay_red Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:28 pm

I believe this is completely independent of the wii-mote:

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wi ... B009O3WU5W
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:29 pm

yep. it looks to be a future cool project.

they are all wired to the wiimote.

the wiimote then sends the wireless signal to the console.

I guess you would have to find out how the wiimote sends signals.

figure how what components of the wiimote need to be inside the classic controler to make it work by itself.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:30 pm

jay_red wrote:I believe this is completely independent of the wii-mote:

http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Controller-Wi ... B009O3WU5W

I have been contemplating on that wireless controller. Gamestop at one had it on sale for $29.99, I should have snagged one. Its kind of a poorly advertised unit, many think it is only for the WiiU.

I read it has issues with some WiiU Pro Controller games, I think just the ones that take the official Wireless WiiU Pro Controller. However, it works fine as a wireless Wii Classic Controller Pro, Wiimote Horizontal and Wiimote Verical. The button layout is similar to a SNES, though various reviews give the Dpad a poor rating.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Yeah, I've read about the D-Pad. Also, there seems to be a number of reviews on Amazon saying that the controller doesn't work or failed on them soon after purchase. Perhaps this is just Wii U issues? I'm only interested in using it on the original Wii.

Amazon has them for only $15, so I think I might just pick one up and give it a shot.

edit: I just read this review (the one by "Drew") and that might be why some people are reviewing the controller and saying it died on them. But other than that, it does seem like the build quality isn't as good as a 1rst party controller. But isn't that always the case? /edit

That is, unless some one knows of another controller...

flojocabron wrote:yep. it looks to be a future cool project. they are all wired to the wiimote. the wiimote then sends the wireless signal to the console. I guess you would have to find out how the wiimote sends signals. figure how what components of the wiimote need to be inside the classic controler to make it work by itself.

Exactly, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. If a controller already exists then that would save me the trouble and possible headache of doing that project.

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:57 pm

So I found two more controllers, but they're not exactly what I'm after...

This one is basically just a wireless GCN controller, so that's a no-go for me right there. It allows you to remap buttons, but reviewers say it loses the custom map once you turn off the controller/console. Also didn't get the best reviews.

This one is basically just a wireless Classic Controller. A receiver plugs into the Remote and allows you to use this controller wirelessly. That's kinda annoying since I would still have to deal with the remote in addition to the Classic Controller, and it's not priced low enough for me to be like, "Fuck it, I'll just get one and if I don't like it then oh well!" Still, I'll keep it in mind. Maybe I'll find it some one for cheap at some point.

Any other controllers that any one knows of ?

flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Another thought came into my head.

what about using the same adapter for the wireless nunchuck to make a wireless pro controler?

take one apart and make it so that the controler pro is used with the wireless parts of that nunchuck, and the reciever connects to the wiimote anyways.

just a thought.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
deathsled
128-bit

by deathsled Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:23 pm

the Datel Wireless Retro Controller is what you're looking for and is what I have :lol:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2008/0 ... controller
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 pm

^ That's the best option I've seen so far, thanks! The only thing I don't like about it is that it's modeled after the original Classic Controller and not the Pro version. The thing that really sucks about that is the placement of the shoulder buttons. They're too hard to use for games like Goldeneye.

deathsled
128-bit

by deathsled Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:46 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:The thing that really sucks about that is the placement of the shoulder buttons. They're too hard to use for games like Goldeneye.

I will agree with you there haha
Return to Nintendo