NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Re: HELP ME LIST: N64 games with widescreen and surround sou

by DinnerX Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 pm

I finally got around to testing my games Ziggy.

It occurs to me you might want a list of tested games. That way you will know when your list is complete.

Games tested by me:
1080 Snowboarding
Banjo-Kazooie
Beetle Adventure Racing!
Blast Corps.
Body Harvest
Buck Bumble
Bust-A-Move '99
Cruisin' USA
Diddy Kong Racing
Extreme G
Extreme G 2
F-Zero X
Glover
Kobe Bryant in NBA Courtside
Monster Truck Madness 64
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
NFL Quarterback Club '99
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Stadium
Pokemon Stadium 2
Quest 64
Rampage 2 Universal Tour
Rayman 2
Robotron 64
Space Station Silicon Valley
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
WCW vs. nWo World Tour
World Driver Championship

Games with surround or widescreen:
Pokemon Stadium 2 has Dolby surround sound. It also has something called "wide" in the sound options. :?

World Driver Championship has a high res letterbox mode.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

by Thierry Henry Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm pretty sure that Starshot: Space Circus Fever supports 16:9 widescreen.
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Jamisonia
128-bit

by Jamisonia Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:08 am

DinnerX You mean Banjo-Tooie not Banjo-Kazooie. Kazooie has no special modes.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

by DinnerX Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:25 am

Jamisonia wrote:DinnerX You mean Banjo-Tooie not Banjo-Kazooie. Kazooie has no special modes.
The first list is just games I tested. The second list at the bottom of my post shows the only two games I tested that had anything special.

DinnerX wrote:Games with surround or widescreen:
Pokemon Stadium 2 has Dolby surround sound. It also has something called "wide" in the sound options. :?

World Driver Championship has a high res letterbox mode.

My thinking was if Ziggy doesn't keep a list of ALL the games tested then he will never know if his list of widescreen or surround sound games is complete. Keeping a list of previously tested games would also prevent people from testing games somebody else already checked.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
Jamisonia
128-bit

by Jamisonia Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:01 pm

If I remember my Video Essentials correct wide Dolby Surround is for set ups that have no center speaker. The sounds are widened into both the left and right to create a phantom center. It doesn't work as well as an actual center.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:57 pm

DinnerX wrote:
Jamisonia wrote:DinnerX You mean Banjo-Tooie not Banjo-Kazooie. Kazooie has no special modes.
The first list is just games I tested. The second list at the bottom of my post shows the only two games I tested that had anything special. My thinking was if Ziggy doesn't keep a list of ALL the games tested then he will never know if his list of widescreen or surround sound games is complete. Keeping a list of previously tested games would also prevent people from testing games somebody else already checked.

Great idea! Until a complete list is made of the widescreen/surround sound games, good to know also which have already been verified that do not feature the extras.

Maybe Edit your Reply at the top by making a Quote Boldfaced for clarity with a matched Title? As more games are confirmed to not having the features this could also be updated to help Ziggy's list.

For example:

DinnerX wrote:GAMES VERIFIED WITHOUT WIDESCREEN OR SURROUND SOUND

1080 Snowboarding
Banjo-Kazooie
Beetle Adventure Racing!
Blast Corps
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

arcade_dude

by arcade_dude Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:25 pm

via emulation you get anamorphic widescreen for many games.
i tried super mario 64, mario kart 64 and zelda ocarina of time and it worked like a charm.

the guys at widescreen gaming created a list of games which ran under Project64 with anamorphic widescreen enabled: http://www.wsgf.org/dr/project64
d123456
Next-Gen

by d123456 Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:21 am

For those deep in the scene, would it be possible to do a widescreen patch on a N64 rom and play that with an everdrive?
If there's a widescreen F-Zero X patch, I'd consider buying a N64 everdrive.
These hacks are currently possible for ps1 & ps2 games on real hardware, but I hope one day we can have these widescreen hacks for all systems!
Optimizing PS2 games 480p (progressive) and 240p gsm hdtv
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=30389
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:56 am

Jeez, two of my threads getting necrobumped on the same day. What are the chances? :lol:

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
gbboy

by gbboy Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:11 am

wow i had no idea that some n64 games had a widescreen mode this is amazing
Return to Nintendo