best gamecube rpgs

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
aaron
Next-Gen

best gamecube rpgs

Post by aaron »

list em. i know there aren't many but if any of you feel up to the task of recommending some of the better ones to me with concise yet detailed descriptions i'd be, well, just dandy.
nightwalker
64-bit

Post by nightwalker »

Final fantasy chronicles= despite all the bad reviews I really liked this game.
Paper Mario the Ten Thousand year old Door= Thats counts as an rpg right??
Skies of Arcadia
Obviously:
The Legend of Zelda The Windwaker
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
The Legend of Zelda Compilation Disc=The two zeldas from the nes, And Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask from the N64.
The Legend of Zelda Four Swords.

Hehe call me a zelda freak :oops:

Well thats just my share of what I played on the gamecube.
"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty"
Amarant Coral
elph
32-bit

Post by elph »

Beyond Good & Evil is Zelda without all the crap. Definitely check it out.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

The two Baten Kaitos games have great production values and unique battle systems. I didn't beat them though.

Also, Gladius is an often overlooked RPG that was multi-platform.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

opinions on tales of symphonia? fire emblem: path of radiance?

also, mozgus, do i need to check out either of the baten kaitos games first?

also, nightwalker, do you "need" a GBA w/link to play Crystal Chronicles or 4 Swords? I'm on a wii and i don't really want to go pay for another gba and a link cable. i'll likely be playing single player.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

aaron wrote:opinions on tales of symphonia? fire emblem: path of radiance?

also, nightwalker, do you "need" a GBA w/link to play Crystal Chronicles or 4 Swords? I'm on a wii and i don't really want to go pay for another gba and a link cable. i'll likely be playing single player.

I didnt get to try Fire Emblem, but its said to be a fancy version of the GBA titles, so thats a good thing. Symphonia is loved by every gamecube owner but me. I had been playing Tales games long before 95% of them. Most of them jumped at it simply because the gamecube was so RPG starved, and they'd take anything they could get. If you played the superior Tales games like Eternia and Phantasia, you'd soon realize that underneath the new graphics, it lacks a lot of substance.

Baten Kaitos 1 and 2 are usually loved by everyone who tries them so long as they can accept the card battle system. I beat disc 1 from the first game, but I just wasnt in the mood for RPGs that month, so I never finished it. Give it a shot. At least the music is amazing.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1245713/
nightwalker
64-bit

Post by nightwalker »

Nah Final Fantasy CC you can play it single player you don't need a GBA But anyway you can play it with your Wii (I also have a Wii) it works great. An Four Swords you can also play it with your Wii I haven't tried the gba linker for that game but I think that only works if you and your buddies like to have separate screens if im not mistaken. Mozgus has more experience with the gba he can verify that for us.
"The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty"
Amarant Coral
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

nightwalker wrote:

Nah Final Fantasy CC you can play it single player you don't need a GBA But anyway you can play it with your Wii (I also have a Wii) it works great. An Four Swords you can also play it with your Wii I haven't tried the gba linker for that game but I think that only works if you and your buddies like to have separate screens if im not mistaken. Mozgus has more experience with the gba he can verify that for us.

Yeah but NO experience with connecting them to the cube. My friends didnt have GBAs or Cubes, so it was pointless.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Fastbilly1 would probably know best about those...
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

word, thanks! i will probably check out baten kaitos and fire emblem first. i planned on picking up FF:CC and beyond good and evil so thanks for the recommendations and extended info on those as well. i have twilight princess for wii and wind waker, i doubt i'll look for the master quest or collector's edition discs since i can just DL those games for VC (or hell, PC) if i want.

any opinions on Evolution: Worlds or Lost Kingdoms I & II?