NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
eastside
24-bit
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:22 am

by eastside Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:21 am

Maybe Jet Grind and Jet Set Radio could be released together even though the latter techinically wasn't a DC game. Powerstone Collection...

Samba...Chu Chu...REZ..

Shenmue 1&2 should get a wiimake for the 10th anniversary of Shenmue if there are no plans to bring Shenmue 3 out this generation.
User avatar
kinn
64-bit
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: UK, Midlands

by kinn Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:43 am

Would love to see all these Sega games come out on the Wii but I doubt that it will happen.

As many of you have pointed out, games like Sonic, Skies, heck even Crazy Taxi has been released on the GC. If we were to see some of these games, they would most likey be games like Samba De Amigo, and that other tamborine one (cannot recall the name!). Chu Chu Rocket would be ace though with the Wiimote.

I guess Sega will be influenced to do this if sales of Nights are good...(everyone buy 5 copies! :lol: )

Like some has said, we can but dream!
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
eastside
24-bit
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:22 am

by eastside Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:35 am

I guess Sega will be influenced to do this if sales of Nights are good...(everyone buy 5 copies! )


Okay, everyone you have your orders!

Chu Chu could go Wiiware possibliy especially if their is an upgrade Wii with more flash or if there are other storage solutions by then.
User avatar
GSZX1337
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 5805
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:21 pm
Location: Madison, TN

by GSZX1337 Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:12 pm

I'd like to see the Dreamcast versions of popular FPSes be brought over to the Wii. It'd be fun for me to relearn Quake 3 or Unreal Tournament '99. :)
User avatar
GagaMan
128-bit
 
Posts: 750
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:36 am

by GagaMan Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:29 am

Games like Chu Chu, Crazy Taxi and even Ikaruga are actually under 100MB, so these could possibly be done via VC.
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 10296
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

by marurun Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:43 am

To be honest, a great number of CD games could probably be done on the VC if they engineered a system to use compressed music files instead of CDDA. As long as there isn't any FMV, anyway. I would love to get a Wii if I could download Lords of Thunder w/ MP3 or other compressed audio.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
gradualmeltdown
128-bit
 
Posts: 702
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Portland Oregon

by gradualmeltdown Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:59 pm

JGR with Wii-Mote tagging would be so wicked. Add in some wicked motion controls for tricks and you've got one hell of a game. Shoot, that would actually be really easy to do. JGRF would translate perfectly over to Wii hardware and would make a great $20 budget title.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
eastside
24-bit
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:22 am

by eastside Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:26 am

gradualmeltdown wrote:JGR with Wii-Mote tagging would be so wicked. Add in some wicked motion controls for tricks and you've got one hell of a game. Shoot, that would actually be really easy to do. JGRF would translate perfectly over to Wii hardware and would make a great $20 budget title.


Well, let me start off by saying I c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y agree with you.

You're thinking is exactly inline with my original intention for this idea. Take a great classic like Jet, which seems 'pre-made' for the Wiimote, add Wii controls and you got an easy, low-cost port that can be profitable at modest sales leves with a budget price, and best of all, fun for gamers.

Um..gee..maybe they could take Samba, REZ, Chu Chu and Virtua Tennis, to name a few, and do the exact same thing.

EASY $$$$$$$$

I've sent SOA an email, for what it's worth, making these suggestions, but it was my hope by starting these topics to stimulate interest amongst fans for seeing DC classics get another chance on Wii. Drop a line to Sega and keep the interest going, maybe we can see at least a few of these come to be.
User avatar
metaleggman
128-bit
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 pm

by metaleggman Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:25 am

marurun wrote:To be honest, a great number of CD games could probably be done on the VC if they engineered a system to use compressed music files instead of CDDA. As long as there isn't any FMV, anyway. I would love to get a Wii if I could download Lords of Thunder w/ MP3 or other compressed audio.
Well, with the poor quality and low resolution of the FMVs for the most part, I'm pretty sure they could easily use MP4 and get pretty nice sized files. :) They'd just have to change a bit of code here and there. They'd prolly have to do that for the audio portion as well...
Image
User avatar
kinn
64-bit
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: UK, Midlands

by kinn Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:41 pm

eastside wrote:
gradualmeltdown wrote:JGR with Wii-Mote tagging would be so wicked. Add in some wicked motion controls for tricks and you've got one hell of a game. Shoot, that would actually be really easy to do. JGRF would translate perfectly over to Wii hardware and would make a great $20 budget title.


Well, let me start off by saying I c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y agree with you.

You're thinking is exactly inline with my original intention for this idea. Take a great classic like Jet, which seems 'pre-made' for the Wiimote, add Wii controls and you got an easy, low-cost port that can be profitable at modest sales leves with a budget price, and best of all, fun for gamers.

Um..gee..maybe they could take Samba, REZ, Chu Chu and Virtua Tennis, to name a few, and do the exact same thing.

EASY $$$$$$$$

I've sent SOA an email, for what it's worth, making these suggestions, but it was my hope by starting these topics to stimulate interest amongst fans for seeing DC classics get another chance on Wii. Drop a line to Sega and keep the interest going, maybe we can see at least a few of these come to be.


I'm glad you sent an email to Sega. At least your trying hard! But who knows if anyone will listen? I emailed MS recently (well a bunch of us did) about JSRF still not working on the 360 for PAL users...all we got was an automated response :cry:
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests