NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Perseid
32-bit
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:50 am

by Perseid Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:06 pm

Hmm. An RPG where you have to recover the crystals before the evil villain can destroy the world. I've never played an RPG like that before. :)
User avatar
MattG-PTB
8-bit
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:51 am

by MattG-PTB Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:37 pm

racketboy wrote:
MattG-PTB wrote:Yeah, let's take a character known for his amazing speed and drop him into an adventure involving turn-based combat and menus! Yes, that's jumping to a pessimistic conclusion, but remember what happened the last time Sega stripped Sonic of his lightning feet?


Never actually seen that game before.
I figured you liked to Sonic Spinball (not terrible) or Sonic Shuffle :)

Yes, you're not missing much with Sonic Labyrinth. It's like playing a Super Mario game where Mario can't jump or a Zelda game that doesn't include a sword. It's just not right.
Image
User avatar
aaron
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 7140
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:10 pm
Location: Indianapolis

by aaron Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:18 pm

Perseid wrote:Hmm. An RPG where you have to recover the crystals before the evil villain can destroy the world. I've never played an RPG like that before. :)


haha awesome.
User avatar
Richard
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

by Richard Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:59 am

I have a little of hope, if they do the battles like "Panzer Dragoon Saga", (remenber that the battles were really fast if you want, it was like figthing in real time), but with Sonic running. I think it will be cool. And a great step foward. But Racketboy is right that the Sonic world, is poisened. But still i like my idea.
samratty
16-bit
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:40 am
Location: Nottingham

by samratty Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:22 am

Maybe they'll do something a la Super Paper Mario, with actual game elements akin to the game. That would be awesome, althouhg I doubt it will go that way for some reason.
I find myself less and less interested in RPGs these days, it has to be something pretty damn special to pull me. A Sonic RPG just sounds corny to me, but who knows Bioware are a great developer, so I hope it's good.
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9494
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

by racketboy Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:58 am

Richard wrote:I have a little of hope, if they do the battles like "Panzer Dragoon Saga", (remenber that the battles were really fast if you want, it was like figthing in real time), but with Sonic running. I think it will be cool. And a great step foward. But Racketboy is right that the Sonic world, is poisened. But still i like my idea.


Not a bad idea, actually.
User avatar
Richard
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:09 am
Location: Santiago, Chile

by Richard Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 am

racketboy wrote:
Richard wrote:I have a little of hope, if they do the battles like "Panzer Dragoon Saga", (remenber that the battles were really fast if you want, it was like figthing in real time), but with Sonic running. I think it will be cool. And a great step foward. But Racketboy is right that the Sonic world, is poisened. But still i like my idea.


Not a bad idea, actually.


hahahaha , thanks :D
User avatar
metaleggman
128-bit
 
Posts: 894
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 pm

by metaleggman Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:16 am

Richard wrote:
racketboy wrote:
Richard wrote:I have a little of hope, if they do the battles like "Panzer Dragoon Saga", (remenber that the battles were really fast if you want, it was like figthing in real time), but with Sonic running. I think it will be cool. And a great step foward. But Racketboy is right that the Sonic world, is poisened. But still i like my idea.


Not a bad idea, actually.


hahahaha , thanks :D


Tbh, PDS is just a complex version of the Mario RPGs... :) I'm not trying to say which one came first, but the battles, with the exception of Boss ones, in the Mario RPGs are usually pretty short. Hell, even the boss ones are short compared to most of the boss fights in Final Fantasy...but the gameplay itself is very satisfying, because learning the timing for each battle item is fun and challenging. Plus, you can turn most defensive moves into offensive moves and the enemies are just crazy... :lol: But ya, a Sonic RPG would have to be fast paced and active, or else it just wouldn't be fun...then again, I'm sure Bioware has some trick up its sleeve. :wink:
Image
Ivo
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3627
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:24 am
Location: Portugal

It would be great

by Ivo Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:23 am

If it is like that GBA Castlevania - basically a platformer with RPG elements.

I think it would work with Sonic gameplay and level ups, and acquiring extra abilities (double jump and so on) by stages. Oh and... 2D, not 3D.

But let's see what BioWare comes up with.

Ivo.
User avatar
neohx_7
64-bit
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

by neohx_7 Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:51 am

You know a MMO would be overrun with furries. I hope they stay away from that genre...
Return to Nintendo

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests