Nintendo Nostalgia

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
neohx_7
64-bit

Nintendo Nostalgia

Post by neohx_7 »

This is a NOA promotional video about DK Country back in 94. I was so excited about this game, and had reserved it myself at Toys R Us. Me and my friends were amazed by the graphics and music. I don't know why this game always gets labeled as overhyped. Its undeniably fun even if it isn't deep. Nintendo will continue to play off nostalgia and I will continue to try out their games.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... ng&pl=true

Watch the surprise ending. Might as well of thrown up an Ultra64 logo. lol
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

ooh, i think i still have the original vhs tape of this! i had to barter with my cousin to get it from him in 1997 (i think i gave him some baseball cards or something). i loved the nintendo power promo videos back in the days.
speaking of donkey kong country, ever had the fruit snacks? they always came with a sticker (which i still have also) and they tasted pretty good actually
jemsic
24-bit

Post by jemsic »

It wasn't overhyped. It deserved all the hype it could get. The game was a marvel, and it still looks better on the SNES than it does on the 32-bit GBA.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

jemsic wrote:It wasn't overhyped. It deserved all the hype it could get. The game was a marvel, and it still looks better on the SNES than it does on the 32-bit GBA.

Not to downplay the technical feat on the SNES, but they could have made a much better GBA game if they made it from scratch instead of just doing a port.