Too Much Dialouge in Super Paper Mario?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Perseid
32-bit

Post by Perseid »

Perhaps for someone who isn't familiar with or a fan of Paper Mario and is expecting the sequel to Sunshine there is too much text. But for those of us who knew what it was going to be from the start it's fun, mostly because a lot of the dialog is genuinely funny.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Perseid wrote:Perhaps for someone who isn't familiar with or a fan of Paper Mario and is expecting the sequel to Sunshine there is too much text. But for those of us who knew what it was going to be from the start it's fun, mostly because a lot of the dialog is genuinely funny.

Well, I think most of us are familiar with it. But the thing is that Nintendo was playing this installment up like more of a platformer and downplaying the RPG stuff.
Ramatut4001
128-bit

Post by Ramatut4001 »

I tried to get my friend's kid into it the other day and he was ready to take it out after a couple minutes. Once he got through all the intros he really liked it and didn't want to stop when they had to leave.
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

The dialog wouldn't be so bad if the text boxes were bigger or the text was smaller. Another caveat of low resolution I guess. There should also be a way to skip ANY dialog. Maybe there is, I haven't found one yet. Fun game though. Too easy.