The Wii's Virtual Console Lineup

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
racketboy
Site Admin

The Wii's Virtual Console Lineup

Post by racketboy »

Here's my coverage of Nintendo's latest announcement:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2006/11/ ... ineup.html

However, Japan is getting more games initially than the rest of us.
Check out this breakdown:
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/11/01/compa ... by-region/

I can understand why they don't have all games availible at the start, but why would they give Japan so many more? And why DCK in the UK, but not in the US?

Any thoughts?
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

That is kinda strange...
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

Mario 64 will be my first download :p

I thought I was gonna get rid of my GC cos of the support Wii has for it, but Im not gonna cos I relaised I wudnt be able to use my gameboy player with it :p

one interesting note I read somewhere is that the shoulder buttons on that gamepad arent analogue, so you won't be able to play some GC games properly with them... - still Im gonna be standin in line at 12 o'clock at night on december 8th or whenever it is ;)
Cerulean
64-bit

Post by Cerulean »

baphomet_irl wrote:Mario 64 will be my first download :p

I thought I was gonna get rid of my GC cos of the support Wii has for it, but Im not gonna cos I relaised I wudnt be able to use my gameboy player with it :p

one interesting note I read somewhere is that the shoulder buttons on that gamepad arent analogue, so you won't be able to play some GC games properly with them... - still Im gonna be standin in line at 12 o'clock at night on december 8th or whenever it is ;)

Wow december 8th................... we have 18 days left till it comes out.
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

I yawned the minute I saw the list. What an underwhelming let down.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Re: The Wii's Virtual Console Lineup

Post by Ivo »

racketboy wrote:I can understand why they don't have all games availible at the start, but why would they give Japan so many more? And why DCK in the UK, but not in the US?

Any thoughts?

The DCK thing in Europe has the feel of copyright issues that might need to be sorted out for the U.S. - Might be something else, though.

Maybe the fact that Japan gets more games is related with XBox's live arcade being weak there... Although I would think that the correct move might be putting more games in the US, maybe their market analysts identified this strategy as being better to compete with Live arcade in US?

Ivo.