Shining Force III CD Read Error

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Siper Games

Shining Force III CD Read Error

Post by Siper Games »

Hi all,
so recently I purchased a PAL copy of Shining Force III off ebay for a good price and it recently arrived. Upon putting it in my PAL Saturn it would show the initial load screen and then give me a 'CD read error, please check CD and pick up Lens'. I also tried it on my Japanese Saturn and the same thing happened so I assumed that my disc was buggered. However, I placed the disc into my laptop and ran the SSF Saturn emulator and the game booted up every time with no problems what so ever. What I was wondering is if it would be possible to clean the disc so it could work on the Saturn since it can work clearly and more specifically if you guys had any tips on cleaning a disc.

Thanks!
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Shining Force III CD Read Error

Post by Sarge »

Do other Saturn games still work? What is the condition of the disc?

You could always just use some water on a soft cloth to clean it if it's got gunk on there. If it's scuffed like crazy, I'd be very tempted to return it. There's also the resurfacing option, although there's the possibility that it's already been resurfaced before because it was in terrible shape. But I wouldn't resurface if you have the option to return it.

PC CD drives tend to be better than consoles at reading discs, so I'm not surprised, even if it were in bad shape, that you could get it to work there.