Advice on a good brand aftermarket laptop battery

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
marurun

Advice on a good brand aftermarket laptop battery

Post by marurun »

My now 8-year-old laptop is still running strong, thanks to a RAM and SSD upgrade, but the battery is just about toast. And Dell no longer makes replacement batteries for my model. I don't want to try to find new old stock because 8 years on a shelf isn't good to batteries. So I'm looking for a quality manufacturer/seller of aftermarket laptop batteries. There's dozens on Amazon, some of them quite cheap, but I'm very wary. I want something that's going to be in the ballpark of the original battery in terms of quality and lifespan. Do any of you have any experiences with particular aftermarket brands?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Advice on a good brand aftermarket laptop battery

Post by Michi »

I needed a new battery for my old 2007 Mac since the original one had started to swell. It had long ago become useless and I rarely used it, since I mostly just keep the laptop plugged in anyway due to work. I really just wanted it in case of a power outage.

Anyway, I didn't want to spend the Mac premium for an old computer battery that was going to get light use and found a highly rated one from LQM Direct on Amazon. It's about 1 year old now and still lasts a good 2-4 hours (which is what it performed at to begin with) depending on what I've got the computer set at. I've been pretty happy with it. Don't know if they have a comparable battery for your Dell, but it might be worth looking at.
marurun

Re: Advice on a good brand aftermarket laptop battery

Post by marurun »

Thanks, I'll give them a look.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.