Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
marurun

Advice on a good brand aftermarket laptop battery

by marurun Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:27 pm

My now 8-year-old laptop is still running strong, thanks to a RAM and SSD upgrade, but the battery is just about toast. And Dell no longer makes replacement batteries for my model. I don't want to try to find new old stock because 8 years on a shelf isn't good to batteries. So I'm looking for a quality manufacturer/seller of aftermarket laptop batteries. There's dozens on Amazon, some of them quite cheap, but I'm very wary. I want something that's going to be in the ballpark of the original battery in terms of quality and lifespan. Do any of you have any experiences with particular aftermarket brands?
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Advice on a good brand aftermarket laptop battery

by Michi Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:17 pm

I needed a new battery for my old 2007 Mac since the original one had started to swell. It had long ago become useless and I rarely used it, since I mostly just keep the laptop plugged in anyway due to work. I really just wanted it in case of a power outage.

Anyway, I didn't want to spend the Mac premium for an old computer battery that was going to get light use and found a highly rated one from LQM Direct on Amazon. It's about 1 year old now and still lasts a good 2-4 hours (which is what it performed at to begin with) depending on what I've got the computer set at. I've been pretty happy with it. Don't know if they have a comparable battery for your Dell, but it might be worth looking at.
marurun

Re: Advice on a good brand aftermarket laptop battery

by marurun Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:34 pm

Thanks, I'll give them a look.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Technical Help