Volume Increase

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Sano
Next-Gen

Volume Increase

Post by Sano »

Anyone know of a program that will allow for making the volume louder than normal? I know VLC has the increase to I believe 25% louder than normal. I don't like using VLC for my music player. I know Winamp has the EQ increase as well. I am looking for a program that will do an increase for all audio.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Volume Increase

Post by Xeogred »

Try going to Speaker Properties.

- Enhancements

See if "Equalizer" is selected. Checking that makes all the sound boost for me.

I turn on something similar for MPC for watching stuff.
s8n
128-bit

Post by s8n »

you may want to try Equalizer APO and Peace GUI............
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The only way you can make the music louder via software will come with a loss of dynamic. Since the music from its source can only be so loud, increasing the volume in this manner will only degrade the quality of it.

If you want music to be louder, without a loss of quality, then turn up the volume knob. If you need more volume still, then it's time for a new amp and/or speakers.

That is, unless you're after the compressed / clipping sound. Or, if you're trying to counter recordings that are way too low. But if that's the case, you can amplify the recordings permanently with something like Audacity so they'll play at the proper volume level no matter what software you use.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Ziggy speaks the truth.

If the issue you have is with MP3s having different volume levels, then you can likely adjust the files themselves instead via normalization software.