Some Framemeister firmware and power supply questions

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Some Framemeister firmware and power supply questions

Post by alienjesus »

Hi Guys,

I took the plunge and got myself a Framemeister. It's arrived, but I wanted to check a few things.

1. I've heard that I can use a UK PSP power supply as a replacement for the Japanese power supply that comes with the unit. Is this true? I don't want to assume and burn the thing out already!

I've checked the plugs and they seem the same to me, but I've included some photos of the respective power supplies so someone more in the know about these things can make a comparison for me:

ImageImage

2. I know you need a Micro SD card to update the Framemister firmware and profiles. I don't have one spare - does the Micro SD card need to stay permanently in the Framemiester unit, or can I remove it after the update process? I'm going to order a spare anyway, but at least I can see if I can update it now.

Thanks in advance!
s8n
128-bit

Re: Some Framemeister firmware and power supply questions

Post by s8n »

hi alien , i have a Framemeister too and for Profiles you need to leave the Micro SD Card in the scaler. To update the Firmware you just install it and then you delete the update from the SD Card.

also check out Firebrandx's Profiles below............

http://www.firebrandx.com/framemeisterprofiles.html

there is a dedicated Thread over at shmups forum for the Framemeister , you may find an answer there for your PSU question.

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.ph ... 1d8be27bd0
8bit
Next-Gen

Re: Some Framemeister firmware and power supply questions

Post by 8bit »

My Framemeister's power supply is rated at 5A 2500mA output. The PSP adapter you have is rated at 5A 2000mA which slightly less power but not enough to hurt it. If it power on, you should be good to go!
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |