Question about arcade sticks

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Anapan
Next-Gen

Re: Question about arcade sticks

Post by Anapan »

My arcade stick is a Hori Real Arcade Pro Teken5 PS2 which I modded to Sanwa parts. The stick was a little off-feeling, but not bad at first. My main thing with arcade controls is I cannot play with a square-gate. I definitely need an octogate or else I need a d-pad. The upgrade took a lot of work, but it was still relatively cheap from what I read builds typically cost. The worst part was cleaning off the layers of plastic and cardboard and glue from the Tekken 5 artwork. After buying the base controller at a pawn-shop for $18, I put ~$60 in Sanwa parts which were mostly snap-in. The joystick needed to be spot-welded in, tho JB Weld on really roughed-up metal would've done fine (my first thought) if we didn't already have welding machines in my dad's garage. Another $6 for spackle-type gravel-guard paint on the cleaned-off metal top finished the project in a day ~ 3 hours labour.

Edit: Mention of 4 way for pac-man (No!). I mostly use this stick for Pac-Man. I cannot play any game well without the 8-way/octogate clip-in. I specifically built it for Pacman C.E. on my 360, tho it's my go-to for all arcade and fighting games now.
I chose a PS2 type because I have adapters to make a PS2 controller run on nearly every system I own. They make adapters for PS2 to NES and SNES, etc. if you look around (Tototek, etc)...

http://www3.telus.net/a6120536/horiRAPmod.jpg
^ Dirty because I lent it out. I need to give it a good cleaning before I use it again - I've repaired the cable. Hate rescuing lends from friends.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
chuckster
32-bit

Post by chuckster »

I know I'm bumping an old thread but I just had a simple question.

I have a Hori RAP 3 SA, I've replaced and lightly modded the stick and buttons to suit my taste, and I'd like to replace the art on the top to complete the look. Problem is I don't know what material to look/ask for. Has anyone replaced the art on their Hori and have any recommendations?
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

chuckster wrote:I know I'm bumping an old thread but I just had a simple question.

I have a Hori RAP 3 SA, I've replaced and lightly modded the stick and buttons to suit my taste, and I'd like to replace the art on the top to complete the look. Problem is I don't know what material to look/ask for. Has anyone replaced the art on their Hori and have any recommendations?

https://www.focusattack.com/artwork-pri ... -sa-cover/