Saturn Burning Help Needed

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
flybarber11

Saturn Burning Help Needed

Post by flybarber11 »

Greetings all,

I have a modded Sega Saturn and a 4-1 Action Replay. I have the original games for Shining Force III, their newest patch, and ImgBurn. I have the .CUE, .BIN, and .ISO files all in the same place. I then burn the disc by selecting the .CUE files at an 8x rate (though I tried slower).

However, when I place the disc in the console, it takes me to the audio player, says that I have two tracks worth 29 mins of music, and that's it. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Sarge
Next-Gen

Re: Saturn Burning Help Needed

Post by Sarge »

Hmm, that is curious. Do other burned games work okay?

Barring that, I always check to see if my ISOs are patched correctly by going into an emulator and testing there. SSF is probably the best for that. If you mount it via Daemon Tools Lite or MagicISO, you should get a good idea what's going on.

I actually need to try the updated patch one of these days, so I'll give it a shot when I get a chance. :)
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Just in case the CUEs are off, try Sega Cue Maker:

http://www.racketboy.com/downloads/SegaCueMaker.zip

And burn those discs as slowly as you can.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

bin, cue, iso files? its been awhile but i thought you either had cue/bin files or an iso/mp3 files you needed to convert mp3's to wav and redo a cue through the sega cue maker. i always ran it through the ssf emulator also to see if i had a good rip before burning. the saturn has always been hit or miss with me on rips i download and burn anyway.
flybarber11

Post by flybarber11 »

Thanks guys. I will try the emulator later on this week and see if I can find something out. Regarding the ISO, I think the SF3 patch comes with it in case you just want to emulate.

Are there certain types of CD-Rs I should be using to burn games? I'm just using a 700 MB Maxell.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

flybarber11 wrote:Are there certain types of CD-Rs I should be using to burn games? I'm just using a 700 MB Maxell.

I strongly recommend Taiyo Yuden:

https://www.amazon.com/CMC-Pro-Powered- ... B00065DGYQ

As far as source material goes, I've always had great success with the Darkwater Saturn releases.
You can find them here: http://www.theisozone.com/

For example, Darkwater's SF3 release: http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/oth ... darkwater/
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
flybarber11

Post by flybarber11 »

Great thanks. Here is another clarifying question (thanks again guys - really appreciate the help). So for the SF3 patch, the directions have this instruction:

6. The SF3.ISO and SF3.CUE files will appear in the folder with the ISOMAKER 2.exe

7. Use Daemon Tools to mount the .CUE file and run with an emulator or burn the ISO to a disc for use in a modded Saturn.

But if I am burning a disc, don't I ignore the ISO and just use the .CUE as the source file? Won't it take care of everything for me?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

If you're burning an ISO file, just select the ISO file itself in IMGBURN. Cue files are for mounting or burning BIN image formats. The ISO and the BIN are both the same thing, a disc image, just in different formats. Try burning the ISO by itself, slowly, and see what happens.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Check out the burning guide I wrote. It has all the info you need regarding your questions in this thread, including Saturn specific tips.

viewtopic.php?p=289996

flybarber11 wrote:But if I am burning a disc, don't I ignore the ISO and just use the .CUE as the source file? Won't it take care of everything for me?

Yes, you would load the CUE in ImgBurn and that would in effect load the ISO.
flybarber11

Post by flybarber11 »

Thanks yeah I used your guide for BIN/CUE and it didn't seem to work. I'm afraid I'm missing something very obvious, but I can't figure it out. Anyway I could upload a short video of what I am doing and get feedback?