Sony Trinitron Wega acting up again!

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
juststuff

Sony Trinitron Wega acting up again!

Post by juststuff »

I bought this TV a couple of years ago and had an issue where the screen would shake, after 3 days the problem seemed to have corrected itself. But now the problem is back and way worse than before the image will shake uncontrollably, sometimes the picture will go away all together and it will just be blank, and then suddenly come back. Things get even weirder when you use dual screen mode where it will initially display correctly and after a few seconds will just show static after that happens almost all the inputs will show static but will briefly show up normally. The final thing I want to mention is that HD 1080i signals (Wii U, Grand Turismo 4 PS2) display with no issues at all and some consoles seem to cause more shaking than others. I really don't want to have to get rid of this TV because it works so well with both classic and modern video games, its even great for watching movies so I hope this issue can be resolved.
s8n
128-bit

Re: Sony Trinitron Wega acting up again!

Post by s8n »

i had a issue with a LG CRT where it would bow on the sides after it warmed up it was fine , i asked a guy named Joey from Jomac ( a chassis repairer in Australia ) what he thought. He said tap the chassis with the TV turned on and if the problem changes there is a loose/dry solder joint.

you might want to try this method..............
juststuff

Re: Sony Trinitron Wega acting up again!

Post by juststuff »

I have tried stuff like that but nothing has worked