Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
strangenova
Next-Gen

Gameboy DMG 01 sound issues

by strangenova Wed May 25, 2016 9:31 pm

I noticed my gameboy has this weird sound coming from it when it's on. Even with the volume down it has like a static sound coming from the speaker. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Gameboy DMG 01 sound issues

by Ziggy587 Thu May 26, 2016 11:08 am

My original GB has a lot of distortion in the sound, but no hissing that I can remember. I always figured it was bad caps. Caps are cheap, so I wont mind doing a recap with out any further diagnosing. Of course, I realize that suggestion isn't for everyone.

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
strangenova
Next-Gen

by strangenova Thu May 26, 2016 8:37 pm

Yeah I'm not skilled enough to recap it.

It doesn't sound like distortion either, more like a static hiss that's always there when it has power on.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri May 27, 2016 10:12 am

Well if you have a buddy that can help you with the soldering, you can get a cap kit from Console5 for just a few bucks.

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Return to Technical Help