Can't get HDMI to work. Help? D:

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Can't get HDMI to work. Help? D:

Post by Erik_Twice »

I bought a new computer yesterday but I cannot get HDMI to work on my screen (Asus VSH247H), only DVI.

Right now both HDMI and DVI are plugged in. NVIDIA Control Planet thinks there are two screens, so I thought about unplugging DVI or selecting HDMI input on the screen. Neither work. If I unplug, the screen simply says there's no DVI input and turns off. If I select HDMI, it tells me there's no HDMI and it turns off.

What should I do to get my card to output through HDMI and not DVI?
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
JoeAwesome
Next-Gen

Re: Can't get HDMI to work. Help? D:

Post by JoeAwesome »

Erik_Twice wrote:I bought a new computer yesterday but I cannot get HDMI to work on my screen (Asus VSH247H), only DVI.

Right now both HDMI and DVI are plugged in. NVIDIA Control Planet thinks there are two screens, so I thought about unplugging DVI or selecting HDMI input on the screen. Neither work. If I unplug, the screen simply says there's no DVI input and turns off. If I select HDMI, it tells me there's no HDMI and it turns off.

What should I do to get my card to output through HDMI and not DVI?

Have you checked the HDMI cable? I've had issues recently with my PSTV that would pick up one HDMI cable, but not another. Same with a PS3. HDCP compliance?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Can't get HDMI to work. Help? D:

Post by CRTGAMER »

JoeAwesome wrote:Have you checked the HDMI cable? I've had issues recently with my PSTV that would pick up one HDMI cable, but not another. Same with a PS3. HDCP compliance?

Agree try another HDMI cable, a spare can be bought for cheap.

The HDMI TV Cable Box on my HD CRT would sometimes not show a picture when first powering on the TV. The HDMI cable is routed to a mechanical HDMI video switchbox and then to an HDMI to DVI adapter with the audio having separate analog RCA jacks. I flip the switch box back then forth with everything already powered up usually does the trick. Something to do with the line communication needing a "reset" in order to get the picture again.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425