NES shows no color

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Mikcat12

Re: NES shows no color

Post by Mikcat12 »

Exhuminator wrote:
Mikcat12 wrote:Could this be a problem with the system? Is there anything that would make an NES play with no color?

Possibly, but first, do you have another TV you could test this NES with? If you don't, do you have a friend who would let you test it with their TV?

I tested it on a monitor and it was black and white and very glitchy on it.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Mikcat12 wrote:I tested it on a monitor and it was black and white and very glitchy on it.

If two separate TVs are having the same reaction, the only common element is the NES itself*. So it could very well be damaged. There are folks on the NESdev forum who are very knowledgeable about the NES:

http://forums.nesdev.com/viewforum.php?f=9

You may find better luck there getting a definitive answer and solution.

*Barring the composite cables themselves aren't damaged that is.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Is it a PAL / european console being plugged into an NTSC / american television?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
KalessinDB
Next-Gen

Post by KalessinDB »

Yeah my money's on damaged cable before damaged NES. If you haven't already, try new cables. Also, should go without saying, but clean the living hell out of everything, console and games, so you're sure all connections are right.
Gunning for a licensed NES NTSC-U set, follow the madness and poverty here!
Cheat sheet of my collection, always looking to increase it. 405/677 licensed games, 46/"95" unlicensed
Chronically out of date BST thread
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

KalessinDB wrote:Yeah my money's on damaged cable before damaged NES. If you haven't already, try new cables. Also, should go without saying, but clean the living hell out of everything, console and games, so you're sure all connections are right.

I second this. Nintendo consoles don't fail often; see if you can get it to work with other composite cables or with RF. That thing's a tank; aside from the accursed 72-pin, they don't go down easily.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.