Fixing an N64 Gameshark 3.2 with non parallel 3.3

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
sega dude
8-bit

Fixing an N64 Gameshark 3.2 with non parallel 3.3

Post by sega dude »

I got an N64 Gameshark Pro v3.3 at a convention. I've been wanting an N64 Gameshark Pro for the parallel port. Take takes some persuasion, but it does work. Unfortunately, the v3.3 I got is a REF1451 (I took it apart and confirmed this) with the parts that make parallel port work removed, so the parallel port doesn't work. So, I scored a Gameshark Pro v3.2 from eBay and it came today. However, I haven't been able to get it to boot up. The LED screen just displays a red 8 and it never counts down, and nothing appears on the TV. Now the LED screen is just a garbled number. So, my question is, can I use the piggy back method with my working non-parallel 3.3 to maybe bring the 3.2 back to life? Will the parallel port still work?
My Systems: Sega Master System Model 1,Sega Genesis Model 1, Sega Genesis Model 2, Sega CD Model 2, Sega Saturn Model 2, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Pico, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), DS Lite, DSi, 2DS, 3DS (x2), Wii (White), PS2 Slim, PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 Phat, Xbox One, NES, SNES
Ziggy

Re: Fixing an N64 Gameshark 3.2 with non parallel 3.3

Post by Ziggy »

Sorry I can't offer any help, but... I too have one bricked and one working N64 GameShark. I tried the piggyback method, but it didn't do shit. If you find a way of getting it to work, please let me know!
sega dude
8-bit

Re: Fixing an N64 Gameshark 3.2 with non parallel 3.3

Post by sega dude »

I ended up trying the piggyback method and it didn't work for me either. The v3.2 from eBay is either keyed with the "Yoshi's, F-Zero, C'World" key code (I've tried games I own for the other two key codes and it doesn't boot up with them either) or the Gameshark v3.2 is corrupted. I'm trying to obtain a copy of Cruis'n World (Yoshi's Story and F-Zero X are too expensive), hoping it will "unlock" with that. If not, than it's probably corrupted. I have made what I think is a complete list of games that require keycodes and the keycode they use. You can view it here. You can try a game from each of the three key codes, and, if you are lucky, one of them may "unlock" your non-working Gameshark.
My Systems: Sega Master System Model 1,Sega Genesis Model 1, Sega Genesis Model 2, Sega CD Model 2, Sega Saturn Model 2, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Pico, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance SP (x2), DS Lite, DSi, 2DS, 3DS (x2), Wii (White), PS2 Slim, PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Xbox 360 Phat, Xbox One, NES, SNES