Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 audio issues

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 audio issues

Post by alienjesus »

Hi Guys,

I picked up a new game for my 3DO today, which I haven't done in some time. When I started playing it, everything sounded great, but after a little while it became very quiet and I started to get distortion and crackling. I tested with a music CD afterwards and had the same issues.

I'm imagining this is likely to be a faulty capacitor on the board. Does anyone have any insight into where I should look, and if it's an easy fix. I've never soldered before and I'm kinda worried about the idea of making my first attempt be on a slightly pricy retro console.
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 audio issues

Post by Thierry Henry »

There is some info in this YT vid which might be of assistance to you,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oczWL5hNv48
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Re: Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 audio issues

Post by TEKTORO »

That's a good video!
I'll have to re-watch it to see if that was the exact area for this issue, since I think during the beginning of the vid he pointed to a couple different possible spots. However doesn't look to hard for a handy person, comfortable enough with taking apart electronics.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.