Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Reformatted a hd, Put it back in old pc, wont boot at al

by Ziggy587 Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:57 am

Yeah, just worth mentioning.

Either that or just get a Rosewill NIC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6833166004

$9, a driver for pretty much any OS you would need, and 226 reviews @ 5 eggs.

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:40 pm

The machine originally had xp on it, had vista when i got it, got xp on it again, messed around a bit.. Just put zorin on it. Decided to check out the linux world. So far so good.. haven't really done much on it.. it's working. Using the gnome 2 gui. Still have my old xp machine. Now I'm looking into getting synergy running to mess around with that. And I have to move a bunch of files now.

It has USB 2 btw. And all drivers are in place. Thanks anyway for the offer and info.

I've been using my tv as a monitor for a while. The older xp dell doesn't support widescreen. It's nice to be using the whole screen lol
jeffro11
128-bit

by jeffro11 Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:05 am

Might be a stupid question, but have you tried resetting the BIOS and removing the CMOS battery?
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:17 am

Oh yea this one :lol:

I don't even remember which computer I was talking about here. I scored a new one recently and my two old ones have different linux os's on them just for fun. So whatever happened, I fixed stuff. haha. Thanks for the help!
Return to Technical Help