Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: What was the last movie you've seen?

by Michi Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:45 pm

Moving on with the trilogy that isn't really a trilogy....

The Vampire Doll

I'm digging these movies. They're an interesting mix of Japanese and Western horror, though this one feels a bit more giallo than Hammer.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:27 pm

Just finished…

FUN! EXCELLENT! Harley Quinn is KWEEN AF!

Also I can definitely see Margot Robbie as Tank Girl, even if my years-later sequel "Spawn of Tank Girl" never gets realized as a result.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:36 pm

Outbreak... as good as I remember 90s movies were! I wonder if Kevin Spacey made is big break by then or was he a small time actor still.

Major Spoiler
I didn't understand how Morgan Freeman arrested Donald Sutherland at the end of the movie, wasn't Sutherland a higher rank?
REPO Man
Next-Gen

by REPO Man Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:58 pm

Just finished watching my recently purchased Blu-ray copy of Godspell.

FYI, my uncle's fianceè, who I may have mentioned a few times, played Robin when she did Godspell in college.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:28 pm

Uncut Gems

Its classified as Drama, Triller, Crime.I know this is supposed to be Adam Sandler (first?) drama role but the guy cant stop being funny, this is black comedy I guess I found myself smiling a lot of the time. People really are just like that :lol: :lol: :lol:
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:18 am

RCBH928 wrote:Uncut Gems

Its classified as Drama, Triller, Crime.I know this is supposed to be Adam Sandler (first?) drama role but the guy cant stop being funny, this is black comedy I guess I found myself smiling a lot of the time. People really are just like that :lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep putting that one off. Is it as good as sandler thinks it is?
PretentiousHipster
32-bit

by PretentiousHipster Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:04 am

It's fine but the directors' previous film Good Time was a lot more intense and anxiety-inducing
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:30 pm

stickem wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:Uncut Gems

I keep putting that one off. Is it as good as sandler thinks it is?

I can tell you do not put high expectations, I learned high expectations will ruin anything no matter what it is. Rare are the things people had high expectations and they met or exceeded that.
Note
32-bit

by Note Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:24 am

Watched two movies the past two nights...

The first was Bacurau (2019), which I saw through a virtual screening from the Lincoln Film Center in NYC, which would've been showing the movie to audiences at this time. It's a Brazilian film about a series of bizarre occurrences happening in a small rural town. The film is really strange but in a good way. It manages to be ultra violent, funny, unpredictable, and has a sci-fi twist to it. It's a very unique ride, I recommend it.

The other movie I watched tonight was Ip Man (2010), which I checked through Netflix. I heard good things about this movie for years but kept putting it off. I'm a fan of kung-fu flicks and Hong Kong action movies, and this entry is a strong showcase for fans of those genres. The fight scenes were impressively choreographed and Donnie Yen did a great job as the lead. This film did well enough to spark a series, so I'll be checking the sequels in the near future. Hadn't watched a good kung-fu movie in a while, so I really enjoyed this one.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:15 pm

And the final part of the 'trilogy'......

Evil of Dracula

Good job on the strategic blood placement there, poster guys.

This is probably the strongest entry of the three films and also the most 'westernized'. I figure by this time they'd worked out most of the kinks. I ended up really liking these three movies. They're a fun little romp.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever