Do ads work on you?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Do ads work on you?

Post by marurun »

The only TV ads that work on me are the ASPCA ads with the sad music and sappy, slow pleas for help. They successfully make me want to punch the TV. And I DO care about animals. Just not that bare-faced an attempt to manipulate viewer emotions.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Anapan wrote:They don't work on me, but an amazing number of my friends and family fully believe those fake news blurbs placed in between real news stories to subtly praise a bogus health or beauty product. Some spent so much money!
They truly can't tell the difference when it's so clearly a product or supplement advertisement.

Women are very susceptible to ads, they will instantly buy any new product that proclaims to make their lives better especially when its a beauty or "health" product. I saw this girl on a Netflix documentary that bought some celebrity lipstick sold for cheap, it was a Chinese knockoff that had some glue substance that made her lips seal :lol:

Not only I research the product before I buy, I research the seller. I won't buy electric component of some no name company, always a brand, unfortunately I know today that electric appliances are made in some 3rd world country and they just slap the "Panasonic" or "Philips" name on it and pay the royalties. The product looks pretty cheap for a brand name.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

RCBH928 wrote:
Anapan wrote:They don't work on me, but an amazing number of my friends and family fully believe those fake news blurbs placed in between real news stories to subtly praise a bogus health or beauty product. Some spent so much money!
They truly can't tell the difference when it's so clearly a product or supplement advertisement.

Women are very susceptible to ads, they will instantly buy any new product that proclaims to make their lives better especially when its a beauty or "health" product.

Let's not engage in gender stereotypes please.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

MrPopo wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:Women are very susceptible to ads, they will instantly buy any new product that proclaims to make their lives better especially when its a beauty or "health" product.

Indeed. Besides, vanity knows no gender bounds. Why do you think there are so many questionable workout programs and tools being sold by shirtless, cut men on TV? Also, note the large number of “male enhancement” ads. They wouldn’t be on the air if someone wasn’t buying them. And it’s probably not women buying useless penis pills.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Best to stick to natural (I heard)!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

MrPopo wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:

Women are very susceptible to ads, they will instantly buy any new product that proclaims to make their lives better especially when its a beauty or "health" product.

No stereotyping, just reporting what I see otherwise I would be lying. Differentiating between the two genders is a real thing and there are scientific studies based on studying women vs men, not to mention marketing and businesses the revolve around this. For example Coca Cola Zero was released to target men specifically after people tended to tie Coca Cola Diet as a "feminine" drink.

marurun wrote:Indeed. Besides, vanity knows no gender bounds. Why do you think there are so many questionable workout programs and tools being sold by shirtless, cut men on TV? Also, note the large number of “male enhancement” ads. They wouldn’t be on the air if someone wasn’t buying them. And it’s probably not women buying useless penis pills.

Yes, you are right. There are ads that men are susceptible to. May I add stuff like latest tech.