Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Post by bmoc »

North Carolina expanded vaccine eligibility yesterday and I now qualify. I was able to book an appointment for this morning and I now have my first dose! I also ran into one of my coworkers there who had the appointment right after mine.

Oddly enough North Carolina is supposed to expand eligibility again on March 24th. This will include smokers. NC is defining a smoker as someone who has smoked at least 100 cigarettes in their lifetime. :lol: Yeah, no one is going to abuse that...
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I didn’t know you were in NC. What part of the state?

Also, I have my first shot scheduled for this Friday; so, I’m excited about that. My wife, brother, parents, and in laws have all had theirs; so, I’ll be the last adult in my family to be vaccinated.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

You should see the vaccine rollout for Canada. It is absolutely embarrassing to the point that it's making international news.
marurun

Post by marurun »

PretentiousHipster wrote:You should see the vaccine rollout for Canada. It is absolutely embarrassing to the point that it's making international news.

Part of this is that Canada has no domestic COVID-19 vaccine production, so every dose has to be imported.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

marurun wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:You should see the vaccine rollout for Canada. It is absolutely embarrassing to the point that it's making international news.

Part of this is that Canada has no domestic COVID-19 vaccine production, so every dose has to be imported.

Yea it was shut down a few decades ago. The Ottawa hospital is starting to make vaccines at least. Fortunately I was first in line to get it, but now only the senior population are getting it until August.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I didn’t know you were in NC. What part of the state?

Also, I have my first shot scheduled for this Friday; so, I’m excited about that. My wife, brother, parents, and in laws have all had theirs; so, I’ll be the last adult in my family to be vaccinated.

Far western part of the state. Clay county.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

bmoc wrote:
prfsnl_gmr wrote:I didn’t know you were in NC. What part of the state?

Far western part of the state. Clay county.

Cool. You are out west (I have a cousin in Murphy, which I about the only place further west than that!). If you’re ever in CLT post-pendemic, please send me a PM. I’d be happy to meet up at one of our local gaming stores.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Will do. I don't get out there very often though. I think have only been there twice (one time was to pickup a cheap 29" PVM). Both sides of the family are in GA, so we typically head south when traveling.

If you find yourself in Murphy, send me a PM as well. I live about 30 minutes away. Btw, Murphy has a retro game store that opened up last year. Player2Gaming.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Finally got an appointment, but it's not until the evening of May 11th. My mother, sister, and partner have all been vaccinated already, so I'll be the last one. Hoping I can get an earlier appointment, but if not, at least I'm locked in for that date and time.

I've been dealing with multiple lingering foot injuries to my left foot, which I'm not sure how it happened, (so many doctor's appointments, x-rays, and MRIs), but just hoping I can tough it out on the line and get the shot when the time comes.

There's a chance I might need surgery for my injuries, so I'd like to get vaccinated first.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I know NC doesn't seem to care if out of state people get vaccinated here as long as they meet the other criteria. I have several friends in GA that got their vaccines in NC. I don't know anyone that has been turned away. Are there any surrounding states where you might be able to get an appointment sooner? I hope you have a good doctor in your corner and get some relief for that foot!