Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
mas
Next-Gen

From the Mason family Thank You

by mas Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:57 pm

I just wanted to say to everyone who donated during the racketboy auction thank you for everything that the racketboy community did for me and my family. 2016 has been the roughest year I have ever experienced and this truly was a Christmas miracle of what everyone did for me. I was shocked then cried to the point that another disaster had happened to the family to I showed my wife what you guys did. I am grateful and humbled and appreciate what everybody did for me.
See for those who don't know let me tell you how 2016 was for me.
In nov of 2015 before thanksgiving my uncle butchie died with a heart attack in front of my aunt Joan. He was on tubes for a couple of days then went brain dead so it was best that we put his body to ease.
Then a few months go by and we had found out that my uncle frank also died of a heart attack in his home. No one heard from him in a few days and mom had a feeling so she called the cops to break in and found out she just lost another brother. Right now my mom has lost two brothers within 6 months.
On aug 27 my brother rich went to take a nap and he never woke up. His daughter and his wife was in the next room the whole time and it was his wife kelly who found him dead.
Fast forward nov 1 or 2 my cat of 17 years d died in our arms from age. We took him to the vet and within 10 minutes he said goodbye to us. Then a week ago my brother rays dog was run over by a ups truck. Princess was 6 years old.
Between the bills and Christmas and helping out the family with rich and my cat spazz we fell behind with the bills and my bank account has never been so low. All of my savings and extras are gone. Sometimes I owe the bank this month. I got paid and my money is already gone. It was at that point to where I am now going to give up collecting for game gear and sega master system.
I've decided that the way things are I'm going to sell off my gba games and my 360 titles and anything left I have for the Wii and or extra game gear or anything to help me off.
You guys I want to say that this year have been the worst and I am crying right now feeling thankful and also sad that I won't be able to hug my uncles and especially my brother for Christmas. Thank you so much for the donation. It's going to a supergrafx lol just kidding I'm going to pay my utilities for dec and what's left is going towards mortgage. Thank you guys again and god bless you all and merry Christmas
Rob
mas
Next-Gen

Re: From the Mason family Thank You

by mas Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:09 pm

I also would like to mention that anything I'm going to sell is going to help me with my finances to get back on my feet and I'm going to strictly sell here. If I don't get any offer by the end of the month or 30 days then I'll send it to eBay. My game collecting of master system and game gear has now stopped till I manage to get back on my feet
marurun

by marurun Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:30 pm

Merry Christmas, dude. Remember that gaming can wait. Family comes first.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:51 pm

marurun wrote:Merry Christmas, dude. Remember that gaming can wait. Family comes first.

Believe me I know.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Sorry it has been such a tough year, Rob. I wish your family the best. Happy holidays, bud.
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:12 pm

Glad we could help a bit.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:13 pm

noiseredux wrote:Sorry it has been such a tough year, Rob. I wish your family the best. Happy holidays, bud.

Thank you noise. I will be fine. You guys helped out a lot and after I sell a few things to get back on my feet it's just going to be in the habit of just controlling the spending on food we don't need like snacks or excessive spending at Walmart big chains like that or anything else like getting snacks at work. It will take time but hell if I can put my mind to it I know it can be done
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:39 pm

You know we're all here for you. I'm so glad to know that the donations (even if mine was the pariah of gaming that no one wants) went to help someone we all know and love and who needs it. I'm so sorry that you've had such an awful year, but I'm thrilled to have been a part of a much-needed Christmas miracle. It breaks my heart that so much of your family won't be with you this Christmas, but know that you have a family right here who loves you and is with you in spirit if nothing else this Christmas.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

mas
Next-Gen

by mas Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:45 pm

Elkin
That right made me feel so good now I can sleep peacefully tonight. Thank you
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Glad things will end up turning around finally and this boost here will be a good ground floor way towards that. Knowing your history since we talk off site when I saw the charity thing pop up I had contacted Anapan about your situation. I'm happy it was able to work out for everything involved to get the polling done and the generous contributions from all the auctions all thrown together during the month. It's no fun being in a hole alone and having debt upon debt I can relate, but all the added grief around it just made it all the more worse. So in the end things worked out and you got a bit of christmas cheer there to get you started on your way to better days.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever